Need a Flashlight like

idiotekniQues

Newly Enlightened
my inova x5 but regulated.

basically i want a small LED flashlight that is more floody but has a regulated battery life. the surefire propolymer ones do not either. it doesnt have to have 5 LED's or be metal - just a similar amount of power in a similar sized package. i dont mind if its bigger so i can get more than a couple hours of regulated light.

i also dont want to spend a ton of money either :(

what is a good deal to suit my request?

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have this and really like it quite a bit. Brilliant white flood and a nice red LED to boot. I would highly recommend this light. I got it at Lowes Home Improvement.

https://coastcutlery.com/displayProduct.php?prodid=263&prodnums=%BF902%A1600%A1269%A1268%A1264%A1263%A1260%A1270%A1267%A1276%A1277%A1265%A1271%A1272%A1273%A1274%A1275%A1261%A1262%BF&mastCat=5

dsc03874hr2.jpg

ICUDoc

Enlightened
It's a lot more work but I have modded my X5 with Nichia CS LEDs and a Downboy regulator. It's true regulation but current sharing may be uneven. Sucks batts really try too. Great throwaround, tough-as-nails light.
Have fun with all the options.
What about the Photon Proton?

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Draco is the smallest, floodiest light available (until the Drake comes out, which will be even smaller).

Not sure if these meet your "don't want to spend a ton of money" requirement or not.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd love some details on how you got into your X5.

ICUDoc said:
It's a lot more work but I have modded my X5 with Nichia CS LEDs and a Downboy regulator. It's true regulation but current sharing may be uneven. Sucks batts really try too. Great throwaround, tough-as-nails light.
Have fun with all the options.
What about the Photon Proton?

ICUDoc

Enlightened
Hi kitelights.
The so-called freeze-pop method worked:
Fill the torch with (preferably boiled (now cool) to remove the air) water and replace the tailcap. Put it in the freezer for a few hours. The bezel will be gently pushed out. Repeat once or twice and you are done.
A search on "freeze-pop" might get you some pics! Good luck.