1xAA Power Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Darkaway:
Methinks it would be hard to achieve full brightness of a Luxeon on 1.5 or so volts, even with step up electronics.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That is exactly why they are no longer available. 1.5v is not enough for the newer circuitry used.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I don't know what circuitry was used in the orignal LS, but we know it works with that single AA. Wasn't as bright as 3v and above of course, but the original intent of versatility was met!

So I decide to test a couple other 2-AA torches I have with a Lithium cell and a dummy cell. The InReTech and Reactor's Luxeon wouldn't even "pretend" to have voltage going to it. I thought I'd at least have a "warm glow"...nope!

I'm glad at least one of the "original" ARC LSs is still in my collection and regret selling another!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I wish I still had mine
frown.gif

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
I regretted killing my original ARC LSS with 4.5 V. I was disappointed with the ouput with the single AA holder and gladly sold it on CPF for $16 shipped. I have no regrets there.

I like my two ARC 500 mA Hybrids (even if Peter has respecced them at 427 mA or so.) These lights start going into moon mode after ten minutes on alkalines, but run nicely on NiMHs. They'd be a disaster on a single AA.

The 500 mA Hybrids also run nicely on my 123 clickie

Darkaway

Enlightened
I know it's out of production, but why? I have never seen a Luxeon flashlight that can run on one AA. Methinks it would be hard to achieve full brightness of a Luxeon on 1.5 or so volts, even with step up electronics.

Are these still available anywhere? Is anyone making a similar aftermarket product, like the UBH ?

Ron Schroeder

Enlightened
I love the origional LS with the 1xAA. It's a great light for close in work. I drilled out my 1xAA holder to about 18mm and use it with a sleave and throw-away AA cells or without the sleave with 2700mAH NiMH A cells. It's my primary EDC light.

The 123 holder with out tail switch is my WEC (week end carry) light.

The 2xAA pack is my camping light.

I would really miss not having the ability to run a single AA.

Ron

dark star

Enlightened
I have several original LS's which I use with the 1xAA pack. The new design was the correct choice for Peter to make, but the 1xAA is so handy as a small light to carry and use with rechargable batteries. One of the LS's is quite bright (good for the trail or reading a book) and has a 3 hour run time on a single NiMH cell - now that's great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts