E2D LED?

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not "entirely" true. You could disassemble the head, gut it, then modify any of the drop-ins to work, but I'm guessing that it'd be more trouble than it's worth. I'd just swap the strike bezel onto a KL4 head myelf..

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in the process of doing this. I have an E-Can and E-Sink and a driver. Just need to have the head drilled out to fit the LED and pick up an emitter.

sygyzy

Enlightened
Wait, what do you mean there aren't any drop ins? SF sells a LED head for the E2E that you just drop in on the body. What else does drop in mean?

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
"drop-in" is typically used to refer to an LED module (usually contains the driver, LED, and reflector, but sometimes just driver and LED) that drops in to the head. Take a look at a SF C/P/G/Z-series that uses the P60 LA. That, in an LED form, would be considered a "drop-in".

GeorgePaul

Enlightened

AzGB

Enlightened
Exactly. And swapping a KL4 head onto an E2D would kinda negate the idea, IMO..

Which is why I swapped the strike bezel on. This is my edc... :D

SureFire_L4D_A.jpg

SureFire_L4D_C.jpg

AzGB

Enlightened
:twothumbsThat's an awesome looking E2D!

Thank you! I carried an L4 for the longest time, when we got the first batch of logo etched E2D's I picked one up and cannibalized my first M600 Scout kit to make this one. Since then I have made 2 more, one for a friend in Iraq and the other for a friend who just wouldn't put mine down. It's much cleaner, and blacker in these pictures, I shot them not long after I built it. Overall it's my ideal EDC... :grin2:

Joseph13

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
I am new to this site and had some questions.

AzGB, What kind of sealer did ou use on the bezel? E2D is withouat a doubt my favorite flashlight (long story as to why). I havebeen wanting to do the same mod to mine. Howeve, I have never seen black KL4 assemblies. Whear, how did you get yours?

The photoes you posted are great.

AzGB

Enlightened
Hello,
I am new to this site and had some questions.

AzGB, What kind of sealer did ou use on the bezel? E2D is withouat a doubt my favorite flashlight (long story as to why). I havebeen wanting to do the same mod to mine. Howeve, I have never seen black KL4 assemblies. Whear, how did you get yours?

The photoes you posted are great.

I actually haven't resealed it. There was enough residual sealant, enough contact with the front o-ring, and I'm an Arizona desert dweller who doesn't encounter enough moisture to give it much thought.

As far as the Black KL4 head, it is available both as a standalone component from SureFire (SF Part# KL4-BK-WH / $129.95), and more readily, as the head of the M600 Scout kit, which is where I cannibalized mine.

I hope this helps...

Last edited:

Joseph13

Newly Enlightened
I actually haven't resealed it. There was enough residual sealant, enough contact with the front o-ring, and I'm an Arizona desert dweller who doesn't encounter enough moisture to give it much thought.

As far as the Black KL4 head, it is available both as a standalone component from SureFire (SF Part# KL4-BK-WH ...

I hope this helps...

To AzGB,
Thank you for the part number and your reply in general. Cool websight, I may be out that way in September, and could alwaysuse more range time!

-Joseph