LS2 a superb light!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got back from trip to the Big Island where I did some night fishing. We had a new moon and absolutely no light pollution from any man made source. The LS2 was the PERFECT short range light (up to 25 feet) in a open terrain that consisted of alot of dark, non-reflective objects. In comparison, my SLS (which seems as bright as the LS2 against a white wall) did not throw a tight enough beam to be usefull at anything over 15 feet. The SLS quickly found its way back into the bag serving as back up.

I can also attest to the LS2's durability as I SLAMMED the unit (with 2AA twist pack) several times against rocks as I struggled to retain my footing on slippery shoreline boulders. These hits were hard enough to gouge small lines and pits in the head and body! Still, the LS2 kept going along as if nothing happened!

Mr. Gransee thank you for putting together a bright, compact, dependable, and durable product!

Aloha

Brian

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
I also must agree on the high performance of the LS2 blem I got for X-mas. The color of the light is very good and the TSP is comfortable. The throw is good very good as well for a 1 123 light. Even though it was sold as a blem because the finish is not up to standard for Arc, it is still quite durable and has not shown any wear through some hard use. I am very satisfied and look forward to an LSH Prem. in the future.

zackhugh

Enlightened
I posted in another thread that my LSH-P was delayed at Fedex, but I spoke too soon. I didn't know they delivered on Saturday, but I got it about two hours ago. Very nice WHITE beam and nice throw. I'm happy with how it looks and performs. Only thing is that there is a bit of battery rattle with my 123 twist pack. Oh well, I'll go look in one of the threads that addressed this. Anyhow, great light! Thanks, Peter.

Steve

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your welcome Zackhugh. If you want to continue to use the P-123 pack (the TSP-123 is a newer design), we can send you a retainer to stop the rattling. Just send us a SASE and the retainer is free. You can put it in the head or the pack, your choice. The head works better.

Peter Gransee

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr. Gransee,

I know your product line is set, but I can honestly say that the twist packs make your most durable LS packages. I would have sheared the clickie clean off on a couple of those falls.

Thank goodness I have more than a few lying around for outdoor use.

Aloha

zackhugh

Enlightened
Peter,

Thanks for the offer. I'm not sure whether to just send the SASE for the retainer or wait until my next order--I think it's inevitable that I'll make another order (if only to try and get one of the limited productions LS3's). It's nice to have the option, though, and I am VERY happy with the LSH-P's beam and brightness.

Steve

Hemingray

Enlightened
I bought an LS2 "second" last year, found it to be a great light (and having all three battery options is also a great feature).

After a few months it began to flicker, then got so it wouldn't light up. I found that a gentle tap face down on a table seemed to do the trick, for a while. Later it got more obstinateand wouldn't light up at all, so then I tried a simple cure which did the trick.

Took the LS2 head only, and gave it a good gorilla grip, and twisted the LED end just a little. Presto! Now it lights up every time, just like new! I figure there was some problem with the conductivity due to anodizing or minor surface oxidation, and this cleaned the connection and did the trick.

If you try this, take off the battery pack, or at least be careful not to twist it, as this could munch the circuit board if you apply too much muscle to it.

I won't claim this is a legitimate fix, I'll let the true expert(s) make the call on this one.

/ed b

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LS (P 1x123) achieves its goal, it and the AAA are my EDC lights. I'm not a fan of 123 batteries, but the only normal cell that would fit is a single AA, which would mean the Infinity Ultra, not really brighter enough to justify it and the AAA.

Just wish the 2xAA pack worked more like other 2AA lights and had a spring so it wouldn't crush batts.

So, it gets less playing-around use than it would, but is always with me if I want a lot of light.

So, glad it's around. Dunno what I'd carry for a brighter 2nd light if it didn't exist (or I couldn't have had one on sale). Attitude, maybe TEC 20 w/ LED module. The Inova x5 is a bit big.

RickLux

Newly Enlightened
Peter I realized I haven't posted since I got my blemished arc ls. It has been in my pocket every day since I got it. I use it everyday it has been an excellent tool for me. I like this light! I have a very nice collection of flashlights and there are others I could carry but I don't. Just to drop you this note and say Thanks
icon14.gif

Arise shine for thy light is come... Is 60:1
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

Status
Not open for further replies.