recommend a 14500 charger

Illum

Flashaholic
I recently bought an Auroralite minimag hotwire [which Lighthound shipped and arrived in only 2 days:twothumbs] and bout a DSD charger to go with it.

being the idiot that I am, I didn't do extensive research on the chargers, being a bit too excited to know of getting my first hotwire

I had two options: the DSD and the Ultrafire both available from lighthound
now after research I found the the DSD charger's adapter has a high rate of failure and in normal conditions batteries are only charged to 70-80%. and the ultrafire have the tendency to overcharge cells :ohgeez:

so, are there any alternative or dedicated 14500 chargers that can be recommended? :thanks: in advance

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Illum the nation,

Since no one else is jumping in on this... I have been very happy with my Schulze. :)

Tom

HarveyRich

Enlightened
I'll add my $.02. I've found that the Ultrafire chargers tend to overcharge the li-ion batteries--that's been written about here too. I have two of them and both charge to 4.3 v if left on long enough (sometimes even higher). If you wait until the light stays solid green, they will overcharge. Furthermore, they trickle charge after a full charge is installed, which means that the li-ion battery is charging even above the charger full charge. From what I've read here, you should get a charger that stops when the battery is full. Most don't, but I recall reading here that a couple don't trickle after full. Perhaps Silverfox can give you more information?

If you do go with an Ultrafire charger, make sure you stay with it while the batteries are charging and take them off before the light is solid green. It helps to check the voltage with a DMM too.

Harvey