In praise of ArcAAA turquoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had an Arc AAA turq for about a year now, and with all the recent posts on CPF lately concerning LED colors/uses/usefulness, I've been looking at my turq AAA a lot more close lately. For quite a while, I didn't use it all that much (although I never left home without it...). The "color rendition thing" sorta bugged me. I first got it because I found the color to be quite striking...but after a while I got to wishing that I'd bought a white AAA instead. But the more I use the turquoise, the more glad I am that I got it instead of the white. My reasoning is this: because our eyes seem to be more sensitive to the color in this color range, the turquoise "appears" to be the brightest keychain light I own. When I'm in dark surroundings and need to illuminate something, my turq seems to light things up better than any other single LED light I own. In fact, to me, my AAA turg appears to light things up just as well as my PT Attitude or my SL Clipmate! I know that it's not putting out as much light as the other two I mentioned, but it appears to be...and when you're attempting to light up a dark area, "appearance" means a lot. When I use the term "keychain light" in regards to the Arc AAA turq, I use that term rather "tounge in cheek", because although it's a "neat gadget" type of thing, the amount of illumination it gives off makes it a serious lighting tool IMHO. In fact, because of our eyes' sensitivity to this color, my turq AAA in moon mode appears to light things up damn near as well as my white Pel L1 on good batteries.

I know that proper color rendition is important for certain things...but when you're simply trying to light something up as much as possible with a package as small as possible, IMO there's nothing out there that beats the Arc AAA turquoise. There may be turquoise keychain lights out there that start out brighter than the Arc, but when used "continuously", how does their brightness hold up? When it comes to being able to stand up to abuse, how do they hold up? If color rendition becomes an issue, I can always reach for something else...but when it comes to perceived brightness in the smallest possible package, I wouldn't trade my Arc AAA turq for any other light.

For those of you that don't have one, I suggest that you get one before it's too late. You won't be disappointed! And while I understand Peter trying to simplify his product inventory, if there were one colored Arc AAA that I think should be kept in addition to the white, IMHO, it has to be the turquoise. For size to perceived brightness, it can't be beat
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

PJD

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya, I'm a turquoise fan too, for the same reason -- brighter than white, and not so blue that it's difficult to make things out. If the LE came in other colors, I'd have a turquoise one.

Joe

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
I must also agree
icon14.gif
The turquoise is one of the "brightest" lights for its size. I EDC mine in a pouch with the Leatherman Squirt P4 and wouldn't leave home without it. To everyone out there... Get them while you can!
grin.gif

GlowBike

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by Gone Jeepin:
To everyone out there... Get them while you can!
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So ... where can I get one? I've just recently joined the CPF and learned about the Turquoise AAA. I definitely want to get one, but all of the online sources seem to be sold out. Is it too late?

- Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.