can someone mod my gladius?

wakemare

Newly Enlightened
hey,
my name is Matt, i live in adelaide in south australia, i own a gladius in black and im impressed with the output, but i want more!!! :) i was reading about how u can modd the gladius so u can put more power out of it.

a question, how much output in lumes does the modded soul gladius put out, can u send me some beamshots or some pics to let me know what im dealing with. also, would u recomend an alternative reflector??? thanks guys, im really serious about this cos i like my light and i wanna do it up. thanks guys... oh yeah and does the light still function with strobe and dimming etc?... thanks man, means a lot... M

c0t0d0s0

Enlightened
I have some lightmeter readings, beamshots, and a runtime graph of the Gladius I modded with a SSC P4 earlier in this thread:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=165550

Strobe and dimming still worked, low was about 2x brighter - about 0.8 lumens, as for the alternative reflector... Mcr27 should fit, if you can find it - I don't think these are still being made.

If you want to do it yourself, it's a relatively simple mod, otherwise GLADIUSX1 can help ya out!

ICUDoc

Enlightened
wakemare
I am in Sydney and can do your mod when I get back from Europe in 3 weeks time. Sorry I am not around from Friday. If you're in a hurry, gladiusx1 can do it- there are many comments on his work here at CPF. I repaired and modded a broken Gladius for myself- I like the stock reflector for throw- it is very impressive! The downside is the mild artefact seen in the image of the LED bond wires.