The Next Light You're Saving Up For....

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Okay, so I'm not rich. (Wish I was). That means that I sometimes have to save up to buy a certain light that I really want. Currently, that light is a Surefire Kroma (non-mil spec).

I figure I'm not the only "poor man" on CPF.
So, what light are you saving up for?

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's difficult to answer after getting the SF A2, I'm a bit spoilt now - it's hard to find something that could do something that the A2 can't :p. (and the L1D CE as backup, plus Tikka XP for hiking). So well, I am saving up money, but not for a specific flashlight yet.

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
The new Surefire E1L. After buying a few SF lights, I now consider the price tag on the E1L to be low... But I still have to save up some money for it.. :(

alanagnostic

Enlightened
I'm saving for a new HDS 120 (not an EDC because that's Novatac's brand now). I can't wait to see what Henry comes up with. It's be worth waiting until near the end of the year for one of his special creations.

serious sam

Newly Enlightened
1) FoxFury Performance Outdoor
2) FoxFury Performance Water
3) SureFire A2 (I heard all about it, I have read all about it, it is time i own one of it)

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I figure the longer I wait between credit card charges, which my wife sees, is a form of saving. Saves my hide. Anyway, my next light will probably be a L0Dce or a worthy competitor.

Geoff

defusion

Enlightened
i'm still in doubt, but it'll be one of the new cree'ed surefire's. the L1 or the L5.

22hornet

Enlightened
mmm
Actually I want some extra of some of the lights I already have. Just in case they break or get lost, or to give as gifts.
I'm thinking of some extra:
- Fenix E1
- Inova Bolt 2AAA and 2AA
- ARC AAA
- lambda led kits for Maglite solitaires

As for a real new light, I guess I will be saving for a new ARC LS when it comes out. (or the HDS or Novatac).

Kind regards,
Joris

paulr

Flashaholic
I don't know if I exactly save up for lights, I just can't buy expensive ones that often. I have a cheap enough lifestyle and marketable enough skills that I can sock away a fair amount of cash when I have an income, but also have enough downtime that I have to be careful with the cash even when I'm sitting on a bubble of it. I do buy less expensive lights if they look interesting and/or if I think I'll use them.

Anyway my next expensive light looks to be a Spy 005 (I'd signed up for the earlier run but fell through on it) and I also want to get a Ti McLux sometime foreseeably soon (hopefuly a PD Mule). After that I think I've about run out of desire. I have a USL in the pipeline but may put it up for sale after I've had a chance to play with it a little. Amazing light but if I really had a use for that many lumens I'd get a HID spotlight.

Culhain

Enlightened
It's not that I'm saving up for a new light, but rather that I'm foregoing buying any new lights until the new SF models are reviewed. That way, I can rationalize spending money I don't have for something that I don't really need on the basis of not having spent any money in a while. This may be bad logic, but it works for me.

carrot

Flashaholic
I have found (and own) plenty of lights that suit my needs so the next light is a purely want item. A McLux Ti PD and/or an Arc LS.

The HDS/Novatac lights are really appealing too but I'm holding off for awhile.