DX Cree 4-Mode with Memory Enhanced Flashlight

flashlite

Enlightened
I'm not sure how good it is but I ordered the 1 mode, 1 AA version of this (SKU 1892: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1892) about a week ago, so I'm still waiting for delivery. It hasn't been talk about much on these boards yet but I believe it's still fairly new (at least the enhanced version is). DX must be selling quite a few of them because it's listed as a "hot" item right now. Of course, the 1 mode, AA version will probably not be as bright and have less functionality than the version you're referring to (SKU 2501). I just prefer the more common battery types and interfaces.

One thing I do know for sure is that this is one nice looking light. I can't stop looking at it.

Last edited:

Ogg Vorbis

Newly Enlightened
I don't think you can really go wrong for the price... provided you already have a Li-ion charger and a few 14500 batteries knocking around. The memory state mode is really appealing and i hope to see it poping up in a few more lights.

I have personally been looking at this:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2508

Uses 18650 batteries for longer run times, if you're not too worried about size.

Yapo

Enlightened
Yeh they look pretty decent build and are fairly cheap...i think its just that they've been pumping out alota AA/14500 cree lights lately so people arent so interested in them anymore because, after all, they still are cree lights so their outputs arent going to change much...AA's will be bout 60lumens max and 14500's will be about 100ish lumens and the multi-lvl modes are goin to be about the same as well...

zpaulg

Newly Enlightened
I've just received the 5 mode 3W Cree taking one 18650 battery.

Price was great, looks and feels great.............you knew this was coming BUT

It has a slight battery rattle which results in the light changing modes on its own if shaken or knocked!

Wedging the battery in place doesn't help.........so HELP!!!

Is this a one off, at this price I can't really complain but the general feel and quality of the light otherwise is great it's a shame this fault? seems to let it down.

Anyone else got any experience of this flashlight???

zpaulg

Newly Enlightened
I'd just like to add the service and delivery time at DX was spot on, this post is not intended to malign them in any way.

Yapo

Enlightened
maybe the the contact with the springs to the battery isn't tight enough? try adding som metal to 1 of the ends of the battery to make it fit in tighter, so the spring will hold it in place better...thats all i can think of, i was thinking of getting 1 of the ultrafire 18650 lights with the changable cree lamps