Maglite information

Optik49

Enlightened
What's a good Mag mod, which is easy to do? I am looking for a bright 4D type Mag that I can keep in my bag.
I like the Mag charger (size / weight) http://www.opticsplanet.net/mag-charger-system-rx1019.html But I don't want to worry about if it has a charge or not and I want it a lot brighter. It seems like the smaller lights I have on my belt or pocked blow away anything I now carry in my hand (Mag size)

So I think I am looking for a standard 4D Mag then some kind of drop in that will blow away a Mag Charger/ Ultra Stinger/ WE Raider/ SF G2,G3 etc… You get the idea. If it's out there?

Last edited:

JamisonM

Enlightened

Cydonia

Enlightened
There has been a recent rash of threads asking how to upgrade 4D Maglites :D Malkoff Devices (always sold out) or the TerraLux 6EX from batteryjuntion.com is the standard answer. The only answer there is apart from a $100+ DIY project... it is very hard to beat the Mag85 varient, incandescent, powered by 9AA NiMh cells though...

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
The aspheric mag puts out a great beam if the emitter is in front of the lens' focal point.

For less self discharge try using AW's C cells in a 2 or 3 cell setup. Maybe you could even do a 4 cell setup.

If you have money to burn try using Lithium primary D cells. The longest shelf life that I'm aware of. The only ones I've seen were made by Saft.

A 4D mag is just barely long enough to hold a stick of 6 sub C cells. Do the spring and tail cap mod and you could have a nice ROP. That's my next project.