Need Info about lights from 12 years ago.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'm an amateur Writer. I often post my stories on a different site. My next story will feature individuals in a haunted house from two different time periods, 1995 and 2007.

Thing is, I only recently got bit by the flashaholic bug. I could be lazy and have one of my characters from 1995 just use a mini-Maglite. But I need him to have a light that was the best of the best back in 1995. Or something close to being the King of The Hill back then. I'm thinking something that could fit easily into a pocket, like a mini-mag, and be an EDC item.

Any help would be appreciated.

paulr

Flashaholic
First thing that comes to mind is the Surefire 6P, unless the E2 series was already out by then. At that time I was edc'ing a UK 2L, another possibility, much lower end, but more pocketable and economical than a 6P.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 6P was the classic that started it for Surefire, wasn't it? Were some of the more popular Streamlight series like the Stinger and Scorpion out by 1995 as well?

goldenlight

Enlightened
I had an UK 2L at least 10 years ago, but not sure of the exact year. I mail ordered it from SMKW. I still EDC the same light, with the eLED module in it.

Otherwise, possibly the Tekkna that used 2AA cells, with the 3 LED's that indicated battery life, and the GITD lens ring. Sorry I don't know the model name/number....

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
I think the Surefire 6P's probably an appropriate (and historically accurate) light, Monocrom. I bought mine in the late 80s/early 90s (from Sharper Image, if you remember the store!), which seems to fit your time frame. It was the "go-to" EDC for quite a while - probably one of the best of the incandescent lights. To be honest, I don't think it was really outdone by any other EDC lights until LEDs entered the scene - and that's a relatively recent development.

Hope this helps! I'm always glad to see authors taking pride in their work and maintaining historical accuracy. =)

- FITP

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Monocrom,

Around that time I had pretty much replaced my Mini Mag with a Princeton Tec Tec 40. I am still using it today...

Tom

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Hey guys, thanks for the responses and the help. I'm likely to go with the Surefire 6P. A great light that still gets the job done. Thanks again! :twothumbs