Good Thermal Compound for LED Mods?

Anglepoise

Flashlight Enthusiast
This stuff only works if you have two absolutely flat surfaces and a very good method of keeping these two flat surfaces in perfect contact.

The small copper taps on Seouls and Lux's will NOT surfice.

Get a two part epoxy like Arctic Alumina and you will stand a better chance of getting rid of the heat to the sink.

mitchell300

Newly Enlightened
If your looking at just thermal compound arctic silver, alumina, ceramique are all the best, though I generally use silver.

For epoxies arctic silver thermal epoxy is great especially since it offers negligible electrical conductivity.

wintermute

Enlightened
Also, if you make a mix of 75% Arctic Alumina epoxy with 25% Arctic Alumina compund - you can get a hold which can hold for as long as you need, but eventually removed without damaging anything. Did this with video card ram chips before the manufacturers started to do it.

Mr_Light

Enlightened
I use the high dollar stuff under Stars (held down with screws) and the cheap stuff for large areas like the threads on Mags and around large heat sinks. For emitters I use AA, since you use so little the cost seems negligible.

wintermute

Enlightened
I have Arctic Silver 3 and 5 compound and epoxy, plus Arctic Alumina compound and epoxy - it all depends on what you need and where.

Latest posts