Ultrafire batteries

Dan0s

Newly Enlightened
I just got my ultrafire rcr123 3.6v protected batteries which i bought especially for my p3d. But! they dont fit! I wouldnt think there is anyway to make them fit? They do fit in my E2D though, is it safe to use them in a Surefire E2D or in a 6P?

knot

Banned
I don't believe there is a solution for the battery but you may be able to bore out the battery container.

Dan0s

Newly Enlightened
They are to long for the fenix. So im guessing i can never use them for that. jbosman1013 so they wont work with the xenon bulb in the e2d?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
They won't work, too much voltage, the bulb will go :poof:. But if you can get a bulb that will handle the current, then your E2D will be brighter.

coppertrail

Enlightened
I assume you're referring to the silver colored 3.6V UF Protected cells?
Ouch, I ordered (2) for my P3D as well. Looks like I'll have to use them in my single cell lights that can handle a 3.6V cell (M3 and the D-Mini). Luckliy my Tenergy 3.0V protected cells fit in the P3D, so at least I can use some form of rechargables.

robm

Enlightened
you should be able to use the EO-E2R found here http://www.lumensfactory.com/products.php?cat_id=5 the 3.6v batteries will work on this bulb with improved brightness someone correct me if I am wrong

The EO-E2R w/2xRCR123 gives about twice the output of the standard lamp w/primaries in an E2E/E2D (~120 vs 60 lumens).

There is also the option of fivemega's Bi-Pin E2E socket (assuming these also fit in an E2D :thinking:)
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/168327

However 2 x silver prot. UF RCR123 are too long for the the E2E body to allow the head to screw back on :(
But I seem to have plenty of unprot. RCR123A to use anyway :D

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
The EO-E2R is more about 90 to 100 lumens, but still an improvement outputwise. Those silver coloured protected Ultrafire RCR123 fit in my E2D and I can srew the head back on completely but it is a very tight fit. I wouldn´t use them in my E2D, might not be the best for the rechargeables + contact.

Eric

robm

Enlightened
The EO-E2R is more about 90 to 100 lumens, but still an improvement outputwise.

The ~120 (according to my simple lightbox) is with 2 unprotected RCR123s fresh off the (Ultrafire) charger so probably >4.2V initially.
Just checked after a few minutes runtime and this is down to ~100.
Should have said 'up to 120 lumens' ;)

Those silver coloured protected Ultrafire RCR123 fit in my E2D and I can srew the head back on completely but it is a very tight fit. I wouldn´t use them in my E2D, might not be the best for the rechargeables + contact.

Eric

Is that with the EO-E2R - in my E2E I can't even get the head onto the threads - my E2E head threads must be slightly different to your E2D (or my cells are a bit longer).

robm

Enlightened
Just checked the sizes of the E2R vs stock lamp assembly, and it is a bit longer, with a large solder contact blob, I think this may be stopping the head fitting. Although even with the stock (which would blow with RCR) the head only just reaches the first threads with the silver UF cells.
However YMMV.

Dan0s

Newly Enlightened
Yeah they are a tight fit in the e2d, i noticed that there is a little dent in the positive side closest to the lamp. I guess im going to have to find some new batteries then! But i do want to get one of those new lamp assemblies, Any recommendations for rechargeable 123 batteries that i can get off ebay?
Thanx for the help, you guys are great!

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is that with the EO-E2R - in my E2E I can't even get the head onto the threads - my E2E head threads must be slightly different to your E2D (or my cells are a bit longer).
Yes, that´s with the EO-E2R. I guess the threads are a little different then. But I wouldn´t recommend using those cells in a E2D, might dammage the cells because it is very very tight.

Eric

Deffenhazad

Newly Enlightened
Hey,

Having great trouble with site searching for some reason :duh2:, Was wondering if anybody can bear some info on the non-rechargable ultrafire batteries, getting Batts for less than $6AUD each is not going to happen in Australia, and these caught my eye on DX. These look a bit less "ebay" than others, but I noticed they weren't featured in the 123 shootout, are they a re-packed brand of some description
( I would prefer to go surefire's own batteries, but they won't ship to me :sigh:),

Just to clear up, I am not interested in rechargeables. :kiss: