BRITE-STRIKE HELP

TAC AIRLIFT

Newly Enlightened
I am searching for an independent review of Brite-Strike's model "Blue Dot BD-2C-3W-MH". The only info I can find is on their site at Brite-Strike.com, and at eguns.com.

I have found several press releases but no real independent concise data. Any help would be much apprecated.

Glen C

Enlightened
Tac, I saw your post in general re this light where you thought it was designed by a LEO. It is actually a rebadged Nuwai being sold by LEO. I will see if I can find out again which model it is and you can look up that model. Last I saw it was using the luxeon emitters which you didn't want to discuss, but you must realise they only put out 80 or 90 lumens in this torch, so most reviews either will be older or will hold that against this flashlight when the new emitters put out double that for the same power usage.

TAC AIRLIFT

Newly Enlightened
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/nuwai_tm301x5.htm

Here is the review of it as a Nuwai, might save yourself a few bucks if you buy it that way. Note it is a 2005 review

Glen C:

I went back to the Brite-Strike site and the Nuwai in the aforementioned review matches the Brite-Strike Protector series "PS-2C-3W-HL".

However, I am interested in the Brite-Strike "Blue Dot BD-2C-3W-MH" model. The BD-2C-3W-HL is a different design and is HA-III. I wonder if it is also a Nuwai that has been rebadged?

I sent an e-mail to Brite-Strike CS on 07-03-07, requesting additional info beyond their marketing info but have not heard back from them. eguns.com is the only site I can find that is selling them at a reduced price. eguns.com indicated to me that they spoke with the police officer who started this at the Shot Show in Orlando, and that he got the impression that Brite-Strike is interested in providing a torch that will compete with Surefire in the LEO and military community.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the blue-dot series also have momentary clickies, which Nuwais don't. The design is also different from any Nuwai. True, their other lights are virtually identical in exterior appearance to the Nuwai Q3 and big-Q3, but their blue-dot lights look different. I'm looking forward to more info on their blue-dot lights also. They come with Luxeons, but if they are easy to open and modify, it would be a cinch to drop in a newer LED such as the SSC P4.

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
Im looking for information on the blue dot series too. I knew the protector model looked familiar.

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
This is what i found out when i asked them where their flashlights were made.

"Thanks for your interest in Brite-Strike tactical lights.

The Tactical Blue Dot lights were desinged by myself and another police officer,
Jon Neal, (Kingtson Police, Kingston MA.) and have a number of patents pending.
The LED we use is from Lumiled in California and we send to our Hi-Tech office
in Malaysia for bin sorting and for setting up with our proprietaty substrate.

We CNC machine mill the body and our anodizing is done in Asia, as the EPA specs
for this process drive the cost way up. For a GSA military contract the miling and adodizing
are done state side.

We do final assembly and testing, every one is hand checked, in our Kingston MA
facilty, as our primary customers are police and SWAT teams.

The Tactical Balls, were designed here but we make them in China.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Glenn Bushee
President
Brite-Strike Technologies Inc."

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a chance to briefly fondle a Brite Strike rl-198-hls tonight. It's using a Rebel somethingorother in there, and was a bit brighter than my Aviator... Surefire lumens FTW!

The switch was a reverse clicky - maybe it had momentary, but I could switch modes by tapping the tailcap switch. It was also the best, tightest reverse clicky I have ever had the pleasure to handle. The only forward clicky I've ever used was the E2, with a fourth-generation switch, and it was tighter than that with the ability to float between 'on' and 'off' despite this - their switches were very impressive. Otherwise, not terribly impressive. Crenellations a bit (more than a bit?) less aggressive than the E2D or 6PD, and I'm not sure I liked the triangle milling - but I didn't dislike it either. Just something to get used to.

Very much reminded me of a Vitalgear body.

Overall, I'd give this a 4 of 5.

Edit: three modes, including strobe, and low was only 50%. Good for stretching out a set of cells, not good for walking around without waking people up.

Last edited: