Something a bit odd at Target.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
One of the best, small lights that I own is the River Rock 1watt, 1AA model. The tailcap switch and pocket clip make it stand out from RR's other 1AA model. Both are sold at Target.

Over the last few weeks, I've gone to a couple of Target stores every Friday. I've noticed that while the RR 1watt model is usually in stock, there's never more than 2 of them on the rack. I'm starting to think that Target stores intentionally put out a couple only, from the shipments they get. Can't figure out why though. :thinking:

carrot

Flashaholic
Maybe they notice how some people will sit down in the aisle, open all the packaging, compare the different lights for hours, repackage them and take the one they appear to like best? :crackup:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
When I was in Target yesterday, some dude in a white beard who looked like Santa out of uniform, came into the flashlight aisle and started manhandling the lights through the blister packs. He might have been drunk. He had no problem testing out the Inova lights. But he seemed to get upset after trying to push the tailcap switch on a 123A Dorcy model.... even though the battery was clearly on the outside of the light. Then he just turned and left.

So you might have a valid point there. :thumbsup:

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Over the last few weeks, I've gone to a couple of Target stores every Friday. I've noticed that while the RR 1watt model is usually in stock, there's never more than 2 of them on the rack. ..

Same with the Target stores I visit.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I was in Target yesterday, some dude in a white beard who looked like Santa out of uniform, came into the flashlight aisle and started manhandling the lights through the blister packs. He might have been drunk. He had no problem testing out the Inova lights. But he seemed to get upset after trying to push the tailcap switch on a 123A Dorcy model.... even though the battery was clearly on the outside of the light. Then he just turned and left.

So you might have a valid point there. :thumbsup:

:crackup:That wasn't ME!!:crackup:

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up one of those 1AA 1W River Rock's last week. Awesome light. And I did notice that there were ever only a few on the rack. It was empty for awhile, and when I stopped in last week, I bought the only one in there.
Also, I must add that the included lanyard is awesome. Unexpectedly robust for such a tiny light. The RR goes in my pocket anyway, so I'm using the lanyard on the Inova X5 in my bag.

Last edited:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I was in Target yesterday, some dude in a white beard who looked like Santa out of uniform, came into the flashlight aisle and started manhandling the lights through the blister packs. He might have been drunk

Hey, dont you know Santa has to do a LOT of product research before Christmas to determine what presents to get? You would be a bit disgruntled also if you had about 1000 lights to check out along with, millions of toys, 1000s, of womens products, underware and socks etc etc all on your off season ;).

Give the guy a break, I would prolly have a few drinks too, lol.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Hey, dont you know Santa has to do a LOT of product research before Christmas to determine what presents to get? You would be a bit disgruntled also if you had about 1000 lights to check out along with, millions of toys, 1000s, of womens products, underware and socks etc etc all on your off season ;).

Give the guy a break, I would prolly have a few drinks too, lol.

For Flashaholics, all Santa has to do is pay McGizmo a visit. :santa:

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
... I bought "both" the RR K2 3 AA headlights ... for $24.99 each just cannot resist.

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you read the reviews? They will melt themselves if left on for a while. :sigh:

Well, I was the guy who reviewed it :) It did not melt for the full 2 hours it was on max. But baby it was HOT!

jbierling

Newly Enlightened
I ran the RR K2 3AA for roughly 7 hours on max which drained the Energizer lithium batteries but did not damage the hardware. However, this was on a bike so it was getting airflow.

-Joel

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ran the RR K2 3AA for roughly 7 hours on max which drained the Energizer lithium batteries but did not damage the hardware. However, this was on a bike so it was getting airflow.

-Joel

When you said 7 hours on max, do you mean on max max or did the light output fall over the course of 7 hours?

BlackDecker

Enlightened
Also Target (like most retailers) does not order large quantities of items that might end up in the stockroom. Minimizing store-held backstock is one key to maximizing store profit. It's quite possible they only order enough to keep a couple of items on the pegs. I noticed the same amount of stock on the flashlight aisle on the Target store in NW Okla City.

jbierling

Newly Enlightened
When you said 7 hours on max, do you mean on max max or did the light output fall over the course of 7 hours?

The light output fell as the batteries were depleted. I noticed the light getting dim in the last hour or two so I imagine it lasted at least 5 hours giving good output. It was sort of hard to tell because I was using it in conjunction with a HID light and I was concentrating on other things.

-Joel

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hahaha!:crackup: