XM Satellite radio online

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
My Road Runner online radio has been dead for a couple weeks, and on a whim signed-up for a 3-day free trial with XM. It just worked, unlike most of the online stations with their associated crapware. I'm pretty sure I will subscribe for the ~$7/month it costs. Anyone else have any experience with it? I think it's free if you are a mobile subscriber. (I'm not, nor do I own an MP3 player.)

Larry

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have XM in the truck and also am able to get it on the comp free, although i did have some issues where i realized that i was being charged for the online service when i was not supposed to be charged. Overall i like it, i may get the hardwire type antenna mod to help with better reception.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had XM since it,s debut and could not be happier. I have the stereo portable radio.(boombox) I can take it in the garage, house, camping or wherever needed.When I,m not listening to it the kids listen to it. The monthly fee is more than justified if you use it and you can listen to the music you want to with no commercials. We listen to it on the computer at work everyday,no problems.:thumbsup:

sunnysideOS

Newly Enlightened
don't PAY for internet radio r u crazy?! download winamp and u can listen to xm radio for free!

http://www.winamp.com/

there's also about a million other stations that you can listen to for free online and a lot of them have streaming videos. unless you are going to listen in a car or on the go, dont think u should subscribe.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: XM Satellite radio online - only partially

We have a mobile subscription to XM. Last time I checked, there were several stations we can receive using XM in the car that were not available using XM on the web. One example is the talk radio stations.

Gadget Guy

Newly Enlightened
My Road Runner online radio has been dead for a couple weeks, and on a whim signed-up for a 3-day free trial with XM. It just worked, unlike most of the online stations with their associated crapware. I'm pretty sure I will subscribe for the ~$7/month it costs. Anyone else have any experience with it? I think it's free if you are a mobile subscriber. (I'm not, nor do I own an MP3 player.)

Larry

I have it for my tank, but I get really bad interference from my light?? :shrug::shrug:

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am trying the trial of XM from their site...the quality is terrible and stopped listening immediately. The quality on Winamp XM is much much better. Whats the deal with that?!

[edit] NEVERMIND. I found the settings button. [/edit]

-C

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
I downloaded Winamp about a year ago and I'm listening to XM radio all the time with it for free. Very good. Commercial free radio is the BESTEST!

One thing to mention though, is that they don't have all the radio channels possible with this free service. For example, they no longer play the 40s channel (Benny Goodman, etc.).

Recommended.

Radio

Modulated Moderator
I have had XM since it's inception and LOVE the free internet feed. Like you said Larry, It just works! Everywhere, on any computer, I just log into my account. If you sign up for XM and pre-pay for a year you can get XM in the car AND over the internet for $77 a year. It's a 50% off deal that you must ask for, It's supposedly for customer retention but they will give it to anybody, I have never paid more than $77 for my annual sub. :)

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had XM since it's inception and LOVE the free internet feed. Like you said Larry, It just works! Everywhere, on any computer, I just log into my account. If you sign up for XM and pre-pay for a year you can get XM in the car AND over the internet for $77 a year. It's a 50% off deal that you must ask for, It's supposedly for customer retention but they will give it to anybody, I have never paid more than $77 for my annual sub. :)

I just bought a lifetime XM membership for $399 ($100 off sale) billed out in 4 X $100 monthly payments. Salesman talked me into it on the phone, he also waved the installation fee of $15 ...

You can move the service for life to a car also or to any 3 other radios you buy in the future (any amount of radios as long as they are still under warranty)

Couldn't pass it up :whistle:

Radio

Modulated Moderator
I just bought a lifetime XM membership for $399 ($100 off sale) billed out in 4 X $100 monthly payments. Salesman talked me into it on the phone, he also waved the installation fee of $15 ...

You can move the service for life to a car also or to any 3 other radios you buy in the future (any amount of radios as long as they are still under warranty)

Couldn't pass it up :whistle:

I heard about that but it is tied to the life of the RADIO, not YOURS!!! Evidently you know this, three radios and your done. I took a pass on that, technology changes too fast. If it was for MY lifetime it would be a no-brainer! :green:

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Only problem I've found with Winamp is the XM channels I can get (for free) don't have one that really floats my boat.

I'll probably keep using Pandora to get my fix of the hard stuff without being just thrash metal.