newbie question about jetbeam cl-e

yybug

Newly Enlightened
do you take the battery out when carrying the light?
the battery is pretty loose in my cl-e when the light is off....:(

gunga

Flashaholic
Put in a foam washer (included in your package) or a Dr. Scholls small round corn pad (my favorite) and the battery will not rattle.

ANother option, is also to wrap a post-it note or a bit of paper around the cell if it is a smaller one (many alkalines are smaller than ni-mh).

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use the Dr. Scholls round corn pads as they are softer and it makes the twisty easier.

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
Put in a foam washer (included in your package) or a Dr. Scholls small round corn pad (my favorite) and the battery will not rattle.

ANother option, is also to wrap a post-it note or a bit of paper around the cell if it is a smaller one (many alkalines are smaller than ni-mh).

What he said!! :wave:

mchlwise

Enlightened
do you need take it out everytime before turning out the light?:thinking:

No.

The foam expands and pushes the battery away from the contact on the head. The light's out, and the battery doesn't rattle. Then when you twist it to turn it on, the foam compresses, the battery makes contact, and the light comes on.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remember to punch out the hole from the middle of the foam ring before applying it, incase you wonder why the light wont work...