Cell Phone Troubleshooting - Battery?

cd-card-biz

Enlightened
I have an older cell phone (LG VX6000) which I'm still very happy with.

Recently, I notice that with a fully charged battery - whenever I make or receive a call, the battery indicator shows a completely depleted battery and it beeps "low battery". Once I disconnect from the call, the battery indicator creeps back up to show fully charged.

Assuming I had a bad battery, I replaced it with a new one. Same deal.

Does anyone have and idea as to what is happening here?

Thanks for any advice!

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
How old is that "new" battery? Sometimes these manufacturer only make a few runs of batteries and a "new" battery may have been on the shelf for years. As I understand it, LIon batteries start to deteriorate immediately after manufacturing.

What you're seeing would be the increased power requirements on the battery that are necessary to make the connection with your carrier to initiate or receive a call and to maintain the connection during usage. The power requirements for the "stand-by" mode are significantly less.

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a crappy LG phone too, never again.
From what I'm getting from the phone forums, there are multiple issues. First there are some LG batteries that are recalled, then the LG car charger charges too fast so it reduces the life of the battery.

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is also possible that there is a problem with the cell phone itself too... Had "battery" problems with a Verizon phone... Charged, then go flat and die randomly in a few hours--Took it back a few times over a few months and finally insisted that the phone needed replacing--only then did the CSR tell us that this was a known problem with the model of phone I had.

Make polite noise and they should help you--try different "store fronts" and/or service calls if the phone should be within "warranty".

-Bill

cd-card-biz

Enlightened
Thanks very much for the replies.

I am trying my 3rd and last battery in this phone. If no joy, then the phone gets replaced.

I don't mind getting a new phone except that I really don't need or want all the bubble gum features of most of the new units. And, I will have to replace the Pro Clip holder for my truck - another $35.

Actually kind of sad - I happily spent over $200 on a 27LT-S, and I complain about buying a few new phone accessories? ....."My name is Bill, and I'm a flashaholic". :laughing: