Just bought 2 new Streamlight Buckmaster Twin Tasks

ReadyFreddy23

Newly Enlightened
I went to my local Gander Mountain store because I received a flyer with some great sale prices on knives and flashlights. The store is new and didn't have anything from the flyer. Fortunately, the Manager of the store was at the service desk when I inquired about the products. He said he would substitute some products for those prices.

I got 3 Buck 110's for $19.99 each and 2 Streamlight Buckmaster Twin Tasks for $19.97 each. I can sell the 2 extra Buck 110's for $30 each and the Streamlight for $30. When all is said and done, I'll have a Buck 110 and a Streamlight Buckmaster TT for a total of $10.

What does everyone think of the Streamlight Buckmaster TT. The only thing that I don't like is that when you turn the lights on, the sequence is led, xenon, led, off. I wish it were led,off, xenon, off.

Can I get a tailcap with a push button for intermittent on/off to fit this light?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I haven't really got a clue what a "Buckmaster" Twin Task is, but I suspect it is a 2x123 model.

The tailcap can be drilled and tapped to minim*g size and a Kroll switch can be used. I have Krolls on 1L and 2L TTs.

The "brains" of the light can get goofy if you work the main switch with the kroll off, but it doesn't take much to get it happy again.

Incidently the plain old SL Twin Tasks DO switch LED off Xenon off.

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
SL may have changed how the sequencing in some of the TT's work.

I purchased earlier this year a SL 2L TT. It's sequence is Xe-LED-Xe-off. That's right, similar (but different - huh???) to RF23's Buckmaster.

BlackDecker

Enlightened
SL may have changed how the sequencing in some of the TT's work.

I purchased earlier this year a SL 2L TT. It's sequence is Xe-LED-Xe-off. That's right, similar (but different - huh???) to RF23's Buckmaster.

My SL 1L twin task is the same... Xe-LED-Xe-off. I'd much rather it be LED-off-Xe-off, but ahh well.

KingGlamis

Banned
I have the Buckmaster TT 2-L. I love it. It's my EDC. The green LEDs are great for walking at night, like when we go camping. And the Xenon is plenty bright for most tasks. I bought rechargeable batteries and change them about once or twice a week (depending on how much I use it, but I have yet to see the light dim noticably). I have other lights if I need more throw or more flood, but for an all around great EDC I love this light.

The only thing that is lame is the LED/Xenon/LED/off switching. I have NO idea why they made it that way. Makes no sense at all.

ReadyFreddy23

Newly Enlightened
I haven't really got a clue what a "Buckmaster" Twin Task is, but I suspect it is a 2x123 model.

The tailcap can be drilled and tapped to minim*g size and a Kroll switch can be used. I have Krolls on 1L and 2L TTs.

The "brains" of the light can get goofy if you work the main switch with the kroll off, but it doesn't take much to get it happy again.

Incidently the plain old SL Twin Tasks DO switch LED off Xenon off.

The Buckmaster means camo pattern on light. It's Realtree's camo pattern. It does use 2x 123 lithium batteries. 72 lumens from the white zenon buld and 10 lumens from the 3 green led's.

I was hoping I could just screw a cap from a different streamlight with an intermittent switch onto this light. Does streamlight have this type of cap? If not, is there somewhere I can get detailed dummy proof directions to mod this light?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Like I said, a KROLL SWITCH (Momentary/ON/Off) can be made to fit if the stock cap is drilled and threaded to minim*g spec.

A guy in Houston did my caps, but last time I went by where his shop was he wasn't there anymore.

I don't really ever use my 1L or 2L anymore, so if you could use a silver or black cap with a Kroll I could trade you I suppose. However if your cap is camo, you'll need to find someone to drill/tap it and get a kroll or three from the Sandwiche Shoppe.

PM me if you have any interest in a trade.

ReadyFreddy23

Newly Enlightened
Where would I go to get this mod or what type of person would do this type of modification? Jeweler? Electrician?

dolbyyy

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody wants to post some pictures of this flashlight? Three LEDs beam and xenon's beam would also be appreciated :thumbsup: