another USPS story

Status
Not open for further replies.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I sent a KL1 to CM for a emitter swap last week. Used fedex, no problem, CA to AZ in TWO DAYS!!

Out of sheer brilliantness I used my friend's address that's tied to the UC system, not knowing that even though the zip is 94704, it all gets blocked off and re-routed to the UC system, which apparently can't find its way around its own tail, without a routing number for the department it will reject the mail and send it back to Berkeley post office. THen the Berkeley post office will not know what to do with the mail and *attempt* to deliver it(gee you woudl think that a post office would have a map of some sort). THe irony is that the post office IS on the SAME STREET. Two, count them, TWO blocks from my friend's address!!!. So these morons can't find their way on their OWN street!!!

CM worked hard on the thing and now it's in a terminal black hole. But no, it's not lost. just in a black hole.

SOrry, rant over. back to your Capuccino.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know it may not make sense to you, but what happens is that any mail associated with with a business (in your case the UC-Berkeley system) gets delivered to the business' (UC's) mailroom for in-house processing. As I recall, most of the UC campuses (even a small one, like UCSF) have their own internal mail distribution system. And that's also the way mail gets delivered to most companies of any size, regardless of the street address. Many companies deliver mail according to "mail stops", similarly, it would appear that UC Berkeley has their own system for delivery as well. If the local post office is going to try and deliver it anyway, it sounds like they're making an extra effort; and perhaps the condemnation may be premature.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know it may not make sense to you, but what happens is that any mail associated with with a business (in your case the UC-Berkeley system) gets delivered to the business' (UC's) mailroom for in-house processing. As I recall, most of the UC campuses (even a small one, like UCSF) have their own internal mail distribution system. And that's also the way mail gets delivered to most companies of any size, regardless of the street address. Many companies deliver mail according to "mail stops", similarly, it would appear that UC Berkeley has their own system for delivery as well. If the local post office is going to try and deliver it anyway, it sounds like they're making an extra effort; and perhaps the condemnation may be premature.

nice condescending post. can you direct me to "postal systems for dummies" website so I can learn more about what I can't comprehend?:wave:

Too bad you can't appreciate the irony of the situation here before you tarted the lecture. :rolleyes:

Disclaimer: rants are often not all that logical and may be result of waiting for a custom job coming from a different state for a whole week. I'm sure CPFers can understand... ;)

Last edited:

Empath

Flashaholic
270, you fired the first uncivil shot this time. If history is any indication, it'll only get worse. I'm not going to play referee this time. The two of you simply need to quit communicating. The thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.