as the Novatacs begin to arrive.what will you carry and store it in.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
they are arriving slowly. but what will you carry and store it in,if anything at all.i was thinking of making a kind of silicon skin,made out of clear silicon.as this would allow me to use it in emergency without taking it out of the skin .post your suggestions.

Last edited:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a generic Swiss Army Knife pouch I got at REI. It once housed my HDS B42 which has been cleaned and put into storage in anticipation of my 85P being delivered. The hole in the new clip is interesting. I wonder if I can directly thread a lanyard chord through it?

Wednesday or Thursday is a loooooooooooooooong time away.

Heavy sigh...

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is currently riding in my pocket. I am thinking of getting a TAD Gear sheath for it. But, since someone has mentioned AJ Concealco, I may get one of those. I have a holster from them for my SF E1e, and it is excellent. But, I think I want a sheath that closes, so I will proably get a TAD Gear sheath. Pardon me for thinking out loud.

Wassernaut

Newly Enlightened
Those that collect designer knives will know about some of the gorgeous leather sheaths many sell with their knifes. Not belt sheaths, these are thin walled, buttery soft sheathes meant for pocket carry of a small folder, with or without pocket clip. They don't have a zipper or other fastener, the knife slips in from the open end and is retained by friction. They add very little bulk to the knife (or light) and keep your treasure from being scratched by coins or keys. They're not cheap, but I'm thinking about one of these if I decide to carry in my pocket instead of on my belt.

I don't have a link, but most of the sites with high dollar hand made collector knives will have them.

- Larry

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
...They don't have a zipper or other fastener, the knife slips in from the open end and is retained by friction. They add very little bulk to the knife (or light) and keep your treasure from being scratched by coins or keys. They're not cheap, but I'm thinking about one of these if I decide to carry in my pocket instead of on my belt....
- Larry
In the link I posted above there is a neoprene sheath that fits all these needs except the high price.

hivoltage

Enlightened
I already have my holster made by Kazu ready for it to arrive. He does nice work:twothumbs and very quick considering they come from Japan!!!

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ripoffs--I believe they were bought out and are now back into production?? Can anyone confirm?

Karl

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
great suggestions.well i am proceeding with my first thought a silicon skin case.when i receive the silicon and make it i will post pics.i think my design will have .what i am looking for.

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally Posted by karlthev

Ripoffs--I believe they were bought out and are now back into production?? Can anyone confirm?

Karl
Yes, Ripoffs is back in business - I forgot. About a year ago I was looking for a CO-192 because AW had run out. That is another good option. Not sure how easy it will be to find - I suspect Ripoffs is first replenishing stock on their more popular holsters (like maglites, cell phones, etc.)