Pelican 7060 Charger Question/Probelm(?)

katx

Newly Enlightened
Is it just me or the flashlight has to go into the charger only one way?

If the charger is installed such that the the little LED light is on the top right hand corner, then the flashlight must point upwards. And if inserted the other way, no contact is made.

If so, then the pictures on the box and on Pelicans web-site contradict each other and the one on the web is wrong.

If so, then I am really puzzled as how such mistake can be made.

(One caveat: the cradle on the web site is black; the same color as the flashlight. My cradle is gray.)

What is the experience of others?

flashgordon2000

Newly Enlightened
the correct charger is grey. I noticed the wrong orientation of the flashlight in the charger in earlier pictures, but it goes in only way one - with the lens up. The led light is in the upper right hand corner.

guam9092

Newly Enlightened
Is it just me or the flashlight has to go into the charger only one way?

If the charger is installed such that the the little LED light is on the top right hand corner, then the flashlight must point upwards. And if inserted the other way, no contact is made.

If so, then the pictures on the box and on Pelicans web-site contradict each other and the one on the web is wrong.

If so, then I am really puzzled as how such mistake can be made.

(One caveat: the cradle on the web site is black; the same color as the flashlight. My cradle is gray.)

What is the experience of others?

The Pelican 7060 is pointed in the up position with the light indicator to the right.
As for the difference in the photos on the box and web site I'm not sure maybe someone can explain it.
I also have a gray charging cradle.

katx

Newly Enlightened
It's spelled out clearly in the instruction manual.

All cradles are grey.

-dan

That is nice. Does the manual say which way the light is positioned in the cradle?

BTW: I called Pelican and asked about the orientation. Her first answer was it works both ways. After I told her I do not think so, she then agreed with whatever I said.

Speaking of "spelling". They have misspelled "holster" in either the box or the manual as "holser".

I know many manuals from Chinese companies are horrible. But this baby is manufactured in California. What gives?

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is nice. Does the manual say which way the light is positioned in the cradle?

BTW: I called Pelican and asked about the orientation. Her first answer was it works both ways. After I told her I do not think so, she then agreed with whatever I said.

Speaking of "spelling". They have misspelled "holster" in either the box or the manual as "holser".

I know many manuals from Chinese companies are horrible. But this baby is manufactured in California. What gives?

After a few Chineese Cree lights, I was just amazed to see an instruction book again. I forgot that lights once came with them.