New Novatac owners! Is putting the clip under the bezel a bad idea?

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like the way it functions under the bezel, and the added ability to slide on a ballcap. But might it come unscrewed? how hard should you tighten it if it is ok? water resistance? what do you think:wave:

100_7711Medium.jpg

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
well i counted two and a half turns without the clip. in my opinion there cant be a lot of thread there when you add the clip.this may be a problem if the clip gets snagged and pulled away hard.it may rip off the bezel.i would rather rig something like this up.
th_dog201.jpg

Last edited:

kromeke

Enlightened
Personally, I think that putting the NovaTac clip anywhere on the light is a bad idea. I put mine on, pulled on it once to see if it had similar springiness to the HDS clip, and immediately bent it. I wouldn't trust a light that cost that much with that clip. They did a good job on the rest of the light, but the clip is trash IMHO.

On my 85P, the bezel leaves no gap when screwed down. The light will not function with the bezel removed. That seems odd to me, but it works fine if the bezel is screwed down tight.

gunga

Flashaholic
well i counted two and a half turns without the clip. in my opinion there cant be a lot of thread there when you add the clip.this may be a problem if the clip gets snagged and pulled away hard.it may rip off the bezel.

How about adding an aftermarket bezel with the clip? Do they have more threads on aftermarket bezels for the HDS?

gunga

Flashaholic
they may have more threads but it will only tighten down to the lens.still about two and a half turns.

Oh, I see what you mean. I was thinking that you would lose too many threads with the stock bezel, adding an aftermarket one would allow full threading, but like you said, only 2.5 turns...

:shakehead

Hmm, perhaps I will have to wait for an aftermarket one, somewhere...

Now that I just picked up a Nova...

:naughty:

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, I see what you mean. I was thinking that you would lose too many threads with the stock bezel, adding an aftermarket one would allow full threading, but like you said, only 2.5 turns...

:shakehead

Hmm, perhaps I will have to wait for an aftermarket one, somewhere...

Now that I just picked up a Nova...

:naughty:
well some are putting on the old style clip with success it seems.