I demand SF bring back the SRTurboHead

ugrey

Enlightened
Well, now that I have your attention, I confess I have no right to demand anything of SureFire. I am only a customer.:) I would like to humbley beseech PK and Dr. Matthews to bring back the Short Rimmed Turbo Head. I know the good folks at SF monitor this sight. They brought back the 9P and I think everyone is happy about that. SRTHs sell for $175 at the LPS web site. I assume they are some left over stock. I would guess they could bring back this smaller, lighter Turbo Head for around $100. Most of us do not need the shock isolation of the current Turbo Heads. Remember, "SMALLER, Brighter, Better". Al/Size 15 or somebody, post a picture. Please PK and Dr. Matthews, make me, and a few hundred others, happy campers. The customer is always right. My bank account awaits your action on this matter.

Last edited:

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe that SF still makes the SRTH. They replaced one for me awhile back, but had to wait for another batch(it was 4+ months).
I'd love to see it a regular item, though, especially if they could update it with a Pyrex lens, and make it available in natural HA.
You've got my vote:thumbsup:

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bring back the T model 3 inchers i say! The thing throws like a demon and weighs less than the current KT series.

As for the SRTH, it's possible they are commisioned by LPS Tactical, which would explain why noone else has 'em.

criollo

Enlightened
I believe that SF still makes the SRTH. They replaced one for me awhile back, but had to wait for another batch(it was 4+ months).
I'd love to see it a regular item, though, especially if they could update it with a Pyrex lens, and make it available in natural HA.
You've got my vote:thumbsup:

+1 :thumbsup:

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I LOVE the SRTH!!!!

aan.sized.jpg

aam.sized.jpg

IMHO the SRTH is a superior design. The local flashaholics staged a shootout using KT's with MN16 and MN60 vs my SRTH with MN16 and the SRTH had a visible advantage over the KT's.

It has been repeatedly noted by some that the MN16 is not a supported or optimized lamp for the SRTH, but what the hay, it works for me. I wouldn't have it any other way.

While I would certainly love to see Surefire stock the magnificent SRTH once again, for those of you who want one: just cough up whatever LPS is asking for it. Trust me: it is worth it.

To see the "old school" 3 inch Turboheads return would be a treat too. I would certainly buy one and stick it on a 9P or C3-BK. (now if only I could find another D3 to go with it. My current D3 is shown above)

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bring back the T model 3 inchers i say! The thing throws like a demon and weighs less than the current KT series.

As for the SRTH, it's possible they are commisioned by LPS Tactical, which would explain why noone else has 'em.

That's what I'm thinking too. A bit like SupremeCo had the black A2 - nobody else did.

And even if the folks at SF don't want to officially stock the SRTH: please please make sure LPS has enough to keep us happy :D

ugrey

Enlightened
Kevin, it was your photos that made me dig up this old post. Thanks!

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kevin, it was your photos that made me dig up this old post. Thanks!

Cool :D

I'll see if I can take a few more and make them look better. The shots above are a little too dark for my liking.

In the mean time hurry over to LPS and get yours. I had to jump through a lot more hoops than most: LPS does not ship international so I had to get the help of another kind CPF'er to relay the shipment to me, but it was still worth it in the end.

My D3 was purchased later. I used to run this on a color-mismatched C2+A19 in HA. Oddly, when I posted about that light, I noted that "some day I'd get a D3" even though they were out of production for quite a while by then. And I really did... :)

aaw.sized.jpg

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, custom. I had my A19 stripped and re-anodized as a CPF'er was doing a 'group buy' at that time.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, custom. I had my A19 stripped and re-anodized as a CPF'er was doing a 'group buy' at that time.

Very nice. I like the color it turned out in. It looks like early Sure-Fire lights that have the golden tinge to them.

And yes, I think they should bring back the SR Turboheads too. I do not see the need for shock absorbing heads, unless you are going to use it mounted as a weaponlight.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kevin,

Nice pics. Nice light. Nice turbo head! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Jim :)

LED proliferation or not, incans still have something special about them especially the good ones and the high output ones.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
incans still have something special about them

Like being able to recognize what you're looking at..

Despite this forum, MOST people I know do not like the output of 1W and above LED's. A lot of people fall for the "white light" marketing, unfortunately.

Did Sure-Fire ever have an SR Turbohead that was natural hard anodized? I would like to buy one of those if they exist.