Question about TerraLux TLE-5EX

h2xblive

Enlightened
I just bought a TerraLux MiniStar2 Extreme TLE-5EX and I've installed it, but the head of my Mini Mag AA doesn't screw on as far. I tried taking off that plastic ring that is not supose to be removed. However, due to some epoxy/plastic around the two metal plugs the LED drop in is raised about 2mm higher than I feel it should be. Is there any way to modify the drop in so the Mini Mag AA head screws on further?

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
How is the beam? Does everything else work correctly? Do you mean the metal contacts that the drop-in plugs into?

h2xblive

Enlightened
How is the beam? Does everything else work correctly? Do you mean the metal contacts that the drop-in plugs into?

The beam is nice, and everything works correctly, but the head wobbles slightly when it's twisted on due to the drop in not being completely flush with the Mini Mag.

customh

Newly Enlightened
I know what you mean h2x. I had one until I lost it. The way I sort of remedied it was to use a tailcap switch, cut a bit off the legs of the dropin, put a washer in the twisty switch's place (the plastic thing with 2 legs), and just leave the head screwed on. Would recommend a kroll tailcap switch.