Major difference between the Tiablo A8 and A9?

machoamigo

Newly Enlightened
Anyone here know the major difference in output between the Tiablo A8 and A9 since the A8 is advertised as 210 lumens and A9 as 256 lumens, I know that the emitter is a Cree Q5 but can anyone compare these two and also some beamshots to know the difference is brightness. I am thinking of getting one for myself since I already own a Lumapower MRV and would like to get this flashlight as well, but the only thing is which one to get.

All your help would be appreceiated. Thanks.

Al

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered the A8 yesterday. The A9 is a big looking light, I prefer the smaller A8.

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
The A9 is only 3mm longer. Hardly noticable.

A8 Length: 155mm Head diameter: 45mm
A9 Length: 158mm, Head diameter: 45mm

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Judging from the Tiablo thread, the A9 circuitry has changed to more closely resemble the MRV now (i.e. optimized for 2 battery setups, including 2xRCR). The A8 wouldn't take 2xRCR, and was optimized for 18650 (i.e. perfectly flat regulation on the A8, unlike the MRV). The new tailcap design of the A9 is also similar to the MRV.

Given the slightly shorter reflector, it sounds to me like the new A9 is basically the same as the MRV with a Q5.

Note the Tiablo lights are still lighter: My MRV is 200g, while my A8 is 150g. If I recall correctly, the new A9 is still only supposed to be around 155g.

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to the manufacture the A8 and A9 reflectors are the same. It was a typo.

tomL

Newly Enlightened
Better would be to follow the A9 thread, than to recap it here.

It appears the 3mm was a typo, and the A8 and A9 are the same length. They also use the same reflectors.

Appears the differences are the emitter, the dc-dc converter, and the tail-cap / switch.

My guess is that these parts are interchangable.

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
almost bought Tiablo A8, thank god i waited and now A9? how am i supposed to sleep tonight :)

zapufast

Newly Enlightened
end of august should have the old board with a cree q5 which should be better for the 18650.

This is what I was thinking of doing. Keeping my A8 and adding the Q5 WC that I have coming. That way I have the best of both worlds....flat regulation on a 18650 and very bright light.