Looking for Draco info...

aceo07

Enlightened
I'm finally in a position where I can actually consider getting a nice light again.

I'm looking for a light that is tiny and biggest battery size is AAA battery. The Draco seems very interesting, but would like to get more information on it. The more detailed threads on it are quite old and the newest thread I found was from at least a few months ago. I'd like more current information. It seems like there's been changes and all the information is all over the place.

Here are some questions that I would love to get answered. Thanks in advance!

1. What led does the Draco have? Cree Q5? Can it use seoul led?
2. Are there more current output measurements with this 'new' Draco? Output for each level? (Please don't quote thread/posts from more than a couple of months ago.)
3. What is the lowest output?
4. What are the dimensions of the Draco with the AAA extension?
5. Can the Draco use primary/nimh AAA batteries? What's the output and runtime on them?
6. Does the UI remember the last output level used?
7. Are the leds picked for tint and output?
8. How long does it take from payment to arrival?

Other are welcome to add in their own questions.

Last edited:

SaVaGe

Enlightened
I hope this helps. Its a start.

Light Body:
· Aluminum AA6061 (Chrome)
· Titanium 6AL-4V (TiN/TiCN/AlTiN)
Thermal Management: Integrated E-Can & LED base
Len: Optical Grade Saphire
Reflector: Custom 11mm reflector
Light Source:
* Premium Cree XRE emitter
Power Source:
· 10280 Li-Ion
* 10440 Li-Ion (with extension pack)
Electronic converter:
· [1]FluPIC uC (Burst/Usr/Low)
· [2]Constant Current Regulation (350mA)
Dimension:
· 47mm L x 13mm OD * Lanyard version
· 56mm L x 21mm max OD * Turbo Head
Weight:
· ~ 7 grams (0.246 oz) * Aluminum version
· ~ 12 grams (0.424 oz) * Titanium version
Runtime Estimate:
· ~ burst setting = 15 minutes
· ~ low setting (40mA) = 4.0 hours
Miscellaneous:
· Water proof, custom o-ring protection at all junctions

aceo07

Enlightened
Thanks for that info. I am already aware of that stuff, as it doesn't change. However I'm sure that it will be very useful information for someone else that might be visiting this thread.

ceramide

Newly Enlightened
bought a second (as my wife nabbed the first). Great little keychain light; it's been my EDC. prompt service, no complaints.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sounds like you already know everything you're asking! If it's in the old threads, it's still current info (other than the oldest threads, when they were using S binned Luxeons and an earlier flupic version). Yes, the UI remembers the last setting. That's why I love it--whenever I turn it on, it's right on high! It is literally my dream light. Actually, it's even better than my dream light. What I've always wanted was a Lux V keychain sized light. This one has a Lux V beam (in all aspects), but is even smaller than I ever thought possible, and has my favorite UI.

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm finally in a position where I can actually consider getting a nice light again.

I'm looking for a light that is tiny and biggest battery size is AAA battery. The Draco seems very interesting, but would like to get more information on it. The more detailed threads on it are quite old and the newest thread I found was from at least a few months ago. I'd like more current information. It seems like there's been changes and all the information is all over the place.

Here are some questions that I would love to get answered. Thanks in advance!

1. What led does the Draco have? Cree Q5? Can it use seoul led?
2. Are there more current output measurements with this 'new' Draco? Output for each level? (Please don't quote thread/posts from more than a couple of months ago.)
3. What is the lowest output?
4. What are the dimensions of the Draco with the AAA extension?
5. Can the Draco use primary/nimh AAA batteries? What's the output and runtime on them?
6. Does the UI remember the last output level used?
7. Are the leds picked for tint and output?
8. How long does it take from payment to arrival?

Other are welcome to add in their own questions.

I will add my guesses:devil:

1. standard head is cree(likely p4 right now) i think the turbo head will have a seoul led.
2. dont know, but the levels work great. there is also a single level version(350 mah)
3. low, like 4-7 lumens
4. not sure, but here is a pic(sold the chrome to a friend)
5. no
6. yes, after leaving on for 1 sec.
7. probably, but his customer service is great if you are unhappy
8. right now, probably about 2 weeks. he is finishing up an exotic coating run and getting new draco stock if i read correctly.

It is my favorite and most useful light. and i have seen a few. of course the drake is about to show up as well. it is even smaller(as you may know)

100_6530Medium.jpg

Barbarian

Enlightened
Order one, you won't be disappointed.

Mine is around my neck after I shower in the morning until I go to bed at night. I sometimes forget I have it around my neck, because the Draco is so small and weighs next to nothing.

aceo07

Enlightened
hmm.. I don't suppose there are any plans to make it work with normal AAA batteries? That would make it the ultimate flashlight.