Best Quality and Brightest CREE drop-in???

BoomerSooner

Newly Enlightened
Seeing as how this is LED but used in an Incan, I'm hoping this would be the appropriate forum to post in.

What's the best quality and the brightest CREE drop-in for a Surefire 6P/9P/C2, etc. available today?

I ran across this 170 Lumen, brass heat sinked, deep replector, lifetime warranty model at BOG. It sounds good. What else is out there?

blackforce_1963_245249

All opinions and suggestions welcome.

Phil_B

Enlightened
I have a Wolf Eyes D26, 3.7 to 13v version (and a 4 mode 6v version in the post), and it's a cracker.
Such a good beam and sensible spill light from a tiny reflector. Tint is terrific, output is brighter than anything else I have (L5, KL3, etc etc). Superb throw. I'm really sold on the Cree lights now.
It has a neat trick, that I discovered by accident, that even the vendor didn't know about. If you apply pressure to the clickie, you get 170 lumens (advertised), momentarily (and I mean momentarily) lift and re-press the button, hey presto, half output! Nice!
Mine's in a C3, but it also fits the Blackhawk Falcata (mine's a 6v, but would fit 9v too[13v version]).
Hope that helps mate!

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Wolf Eyes D36 (Too large for the Surefire) 3.7v-13v 170 lumens Cree and it's bright with very good spill. Mike@PTS will guide you on the right set-up.

tazambo

Newly Enlightened
I too am very interested in the best drop in for my SF G2.

I am also interested in not paying a premium in getting it mailed to Australia.

The search feature is also not working for me at the moment?

Regards
Dave

tazambo

Newly Enlightened
Hi Glen,

I did check your website but the 'Bulbs and Lamps' section said "This Category is currently empty" so I did a foolish thing and ordered an US$11 (AUD$14) cree drop in from dealextreme.
I just rechecked your site and see you have a 1300 number, I should have given you a ring.

Another thread pointed me to it and I thought it would be worth the small cost to try it out.

I really like your prices though, the Boxer 24W HID for under $500 is on my want list but I'm just a tyre kicker, I have bugger all spare to spend.

Regards
Dave

BoomerSooner

Newly Enlightened
I've read nothing but good things about this Malkoff product.

I spoke with Gene via e-mail this past week and he said he would have more available this weekend. He's very responsive to e-mails by the way. I went ahead and purchased one today.

I sure did like the sounds of the WE's 4 mode lamp though. If I was needing or looking for one that gave the low output mode to provide forever runtimes, I would have bought it. I'm sure it's an excellent product. This Malkoff does run up to 9V and I hear it's one bright MOFO. I'm looking forward to receiving it. When I do, and have a chance to try it out, I'll post a little sumpin sumpin about it.

Here's a little info on it.............

This is the Malkoff Devices P60 style dropin made of aircraft grade aluminum which fits SureFire Z2, C2, G2Z, G2, 6P, and D2 flashlights. The input voltage is 3.8 - 9 volts. Below 3.8 volts it will drop out of regulation and run direct drive. The output is set at 1000ma or 180+ lumens. The draw is only 700ma, with 1000ma output at 6 volts. The runtime is 2-3 hours on 2 CR123 primary batteries. It will easily illuminate objects at 400+ feet and will blind opponents within a 100 foot radius. It makes a great handheld or weapon light. The LED is a Cree XRE 7090, Q2 bin, WG tint.

Note: This mod will not work in Wolf Eyes Lights.

WARNING: This light is capable of causing eye damage at close range. Please use the light responsibly!!!

Note: This drop-in module was intended to operate at maximum brightness for short periods of time for tactical useage similar to the origional setup. Operating the unit for more than 15 minutes at a time may cause damage to the drop-in module.

bonvivantmike

Enlightened
I have both the Dealextreme and Wolf Eye 4-mode drop-in from PTS. The beam profile is slightly different, with the Dealextreme being slightly more spotlight and the Wolf Eye being slightly more floodlight.

As far as overall brightness, they seem to be fairly comparable to my eyes. Although my testing program has been simply some white wall hunting and lighting up some trees in the backyard.

I installed the DX in a G2, and the Wolf Eye in a C2 with a clicky switch. I'm extremely happy with both, and have more DX drop-ins on the way for the rest of my P60-using lights. At $11 including shipping, the DX drop-ins represent an incredible value. The WE was, of course, a bit more expensive, but the four modes are a great feature, and worth having.

AzGB

Enlightened
+1 on the Malkoff, I couldn't be more impressed. SureFire's P60L is becoming more and more available, I have a pair, and they're nice, but they don't compete with the power and reach that the Malkoff has. Also, I just received an email yesterday that he's got 16 more available. Sounds like Gene had a busy weekend...

:thumbsup:

BoomerSooner

Newly Enlightened
Well,

I got my Malkoff P60 Mod and boy am I surprised, damn this thing is nice!

It has a large hotspot, throws like crazy, yet provides a lot of spill. It's a deep reflector and is made extremely well. Even hand engraved by Gene.

I am very happy with the output of this product! I didn't think I would ever say that about an LED drop-in, but this is one heck of a drop-in.

:twothumbs

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
So does the Malkoff P60 fit my 9P whitout any trouble? Running 3 X CR123A batts? What runtime should i expect? Im about to order one, just wanted to make sure!

/Johan