The Highest Quality Micro and Compact Flashlights.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
So far, the most reliable that was - McGizmo Sapphire and LRI flashlights ( https://laughingrabbitinc.com/photon-ii.html ), there are too few elements for them to let you down. Maybe except if you use them in sea water so that they are eaten by corrosion
I got one in every vehicles cup holder, and at times cook inside cars at extreme high temps. They don't get a lot of runtime, but also have never failed to turn on

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know for a fact that SureFire made a car key ring flashlight several years ago.

It was somewhere between one and two inches long.

Cylindrically, it was as thick as an A2 Aviator, and it had the button on the back for on/off just like on a standard length flashlight.

Problem is, I can't find it online as an image or for sale.

You're not talking about the E1E, are you?

Surefire_E1E_BK_E1E_Executive_Elite_Incandescent_1233043361_471181.jpg

jz6342

Newly Enlightened
I'm a big fan of the RovyVon Aurora A1x. It gets carried a LOT, but the only drawback is the fact it's rechargeable. It's way brighter than it should be and has a good (but not great) UI. Pictured here with some friends...

Attachments

• QafhMAv[1].jpg
    QafhMAv[1].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 85

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, Below are my current RovyVon lights. All acquired in 2023. I was first introduced to this brand when I won a bid for the A29 Brass G1. A week later won another bid for the A4 Pro G2 (2nd from bottom). Both having different UIs. Current versions all have the SS buttons whereas the silicon button are for earlier models. Both are fine for me. Brass/Copper models are heavy and they stain easily (patina) whereas the aluminium versions (6063/7075) are lighter whereas the SS versions (A2) sits in between. Titaniums versions A24, A4, A4 Pro are of the polished kind thus definitey not scratch proof. If you are looking for a scratch resistant model, the 7075 versions are to go for, A23 Pro and A3 Pro. These two and the E8 hybrid get most of the edc time. These models I have no worries for them sharing pocket space with other stuff. Both are with high-cri leds as these are more liking for my old tired eyes. Nichi 219Cs, 700 lumens A23 Pro and 420 Lumens for the A3 Pro. More than enough for my needs.
Where UI is concern, they are abit different from series to series, but easy to adopt. The bigger Auroras, A23,A24,A21.. LiPo replaceable bit not so for the smaller Auroras and all comes with 2 year warranty. They are pricey but I do appreciate quality of finish and the performance they offer.

P. s 2 out of 5 I acquired through bids whereas 2 from RovyVon direct (7/7 '23 sales) and 1 from local reseller at a discount.
IMG_5886.jpeg

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
Are these Rovyvon flashlights suitable to attach to your car key ring, or do they need to be handled with more care?
I bought an A3X early last year, and an A8 ( to get a good UV light) a few months later. They've spent most of their time since in my pocket on a key chain, and they still light "first time, every time". I expect they will last as long as their LiPo batteries do...and I've got a 15 year old iPod on its original battery, so it could be a long time yet. I keep one PR2 flashlight wtih two D cells in it so I can regularly refresh my enjoyment of the contrast between what we used to call a common flashlight and the pocket wonders we have today.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
If there's one thing I've learned in my short time since emerging from the flashaholic closet where I spent most of my life and started hanging around here, it's that the term 'quality' is used far more often than not in a very subjective way, more than with any real objective basis. I'm still trying to adjust to that, from a background where it is a far more objective determination. For that reason, I guess I typically have nothing to really contribute to such discussions. 'Quality' seems to be a very elusive term amongst the flashaholery.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
For me it is a toss up between the SureFire Titan Plus and two RovyVon models, the Aurora and Angel Eyes.

These flashlights are surprisingly affordable for high-end models.

Which other ones would you recommend?
Honestly, I wouldn't recommend the Aurora if one is looking for the highest quality. I've owned one for a few months now. It works reliably. But handling it, I don't get a sense that it is significantly better quality than other lights its size that I own from other brands. Yes, it's good quality. But only on par with its competitors. SureFire Titan is a different story.

Mr Bigglow

Enlightened
A Surefire Titan Plus has been on my keyring since 2020, gets some pretty rough treatment there but I've never had an issue with it.

Poppy

Flashaholic
If you're talking micro, I loved the Streamlight Nano.

Was about as tiny as one could get and still be useful.

Once the batts go though, it was tough to find those tiny hearing aid batteries at a reasonable price and fumble prone to swap them out.

Mine never made it past the first battery change.
Like @sween1911 I carried the Streamlight Nano for a short while. I got it back when it was all the rage. I never liked using it though because of the terribly blue tint, and low output. Mainly though I didn't want to run the batteries down. When one has a short runtime, to begin with, why use half of it up, when not absolutely necessary. Instead I'd take a few extra steps and grab another light that was within 100 feet.

When I was gifted a CooYoo Quantum about 10 years ago, I made the switch, and never looked back.

1692783911326.png

Like @sween1911 my Nano, may have had one change of batteries. The Quantum has been recharged probably 30-40 times.

The Manker LAD may be high quality. It appears to be. I can't testify to it's ruggedness because I never really carried it. It was just too bulky compared to my little Quantum. I'm one of those people who have all of the locks in my house keyed alike so that I don't have to carry a jingle jangle of keys in my pocket.

1692784711519.png

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
I've found my Fenix E15 to be a great and rugged little keychain light. Great run times and brightness. I've had it for quite a while and have put it through lots of use, and it has held up well. Unfortunately, I believe it has been discontinued. I wish I would have gotten another one while they were still available. I did pick up the newer brighter E16, which is a great light too. Same general size, but very different in most aspects.

Poppy

Flashaholic
@Poppy that Manker LAD looks pretty cool. How's the bean and tint?
I jean pockets should stay flat, no ?
I just pulled it out of the drawer to take a look at it.
WOW, it is better than I remembered.
It has a soft spot mildly floody beam that fades to a fairly wide spill.
With each click it goes from low, med, high, then to RED. Hold it to shut it off.
It has three emitters. The central white one, probably 5000k, maybe a little warmer, (mine has the nichia 219C) surrounded by two red LEDs. The red ones give a 20 inch spot at 3-4 feet. It has a lot of artifacts.

It uses a micro usb to charge.

It has some hidden blinkies that I didn't remember how to get to so I had to search.
Here is a neat review by our own @turboBB

Last edited:
I'm going to buck the apparent trend here and recommend you check out the FourSevens Mini Mark III (both regular and Turbo head versions).

The Mini is just about the smallest 16340-powered light that's readily available today. It's available in aluminum or titanium. It weighs 1.6 ounces (with the battery installed). It offers six different programmable mode configurations (clearly explained on the website), and accepts both CR123 and 16340 li-ion cells. (Turbo mode of 800 lumens is available only when using a high-discharge 16340 cell.)

[There are also a very, very few of the even smaller Mini CR2 lights available on the secondary market, and when these appear they are offered at premium prices (I believe SkyLumen may have one on offer as of September 2023)...but if you really really want one you'll probable be able to find one if you're diligent in searching.]

Ulightme

Newly Enlightened
Here's a light and bright Wuben with a TS10 for scale. When I think of real quality, I do think of larger lights. Would be interesting if my mind could be changed. wuben g2.jpg