Tektite, switching heads between Treks & strobes

Zoroff

Newly Enlightened
Hello fellow abusers of luminosity, I have been thinking about increasing my supply of cheap, basic lights with Tektite's Trek series.

The question in question is if anyone can confirm my belief that the marker lights, Mark III, have the same threading as the Trek series, thereby making it possible to just buy a loose glow cone lens for the markers & strobes and making a marker light by putting it on a Trek 2 or 4.

The idea I have is to get a Trek 30 xenon light as their DIY kit for $10 to get a cheap body and then get a few of the Trek 2 and 4 heads in a few different colors to have some versatility. If the strobe/marker lenses also fit I'll have a rather complete kit-light with hotwire and LEDs in different colors and both a flashlight and a marker. With the Trek heads costing $6 and $8 respectively I can get a few at a reasonable cost. For a Flashie that's very rugged and guaranteed to be waterproof it feels like good value.

Another question that you can help me with is choosing color. I'm thinking that the Trek 2 is bright enough as a night light with green or bluegreen LEDs. Question is which color might be better? I'm leaning a bit towards bluegreen, but might it feel too bright somehow... any comments and experiences are welcome.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I'm not sure about parts compatibility but I do know that the eye is most sensitive to green light and least sensitive to red light. I think either color would work and if it seems too bright, just use scotch tape to diffuse the light.

Scott@Tektite

Newly Enlightened
The AA size threads are the same for both the flashlights and the Mark III series, Same for the Expedition/Strobe C battery size.