How to Connect a Fenix Wrist Strap

indianavaquero

Newly Enlightened
What is the best way to connect the wrist band that comes with Fenix flashlights?

Yeah, I know this is so basic. Nonetheless, I could not find it with the search engine.

Illum

Flashaholic
take a paper clip, bend it so one side is pointed out, load the wrist strap [smaller portion] on the tip and push it through, but not too hard or you risk damaging the rubber boot, then holding the strap with your finger on the outside, gently extract the paper clip out and pry the strap [inside] out using it .

from here you have two options, either loop the wrist trap through the small portion and take up the space of a single hole.
or
route it through the second hole by modifying your paper clip by using a needle nosed plier to form a small 90 degree curve and use it to prod the small strap out the other hole from the inside.

hope this helps, cheers:huh:

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a single thread of white cotton, from sewing box, cut ends with very sharp scissors, under tension, and use it to thread and pull through lanyard.

Cotton thread pushed through halfway, looped through lanyard loop, and other end pushed through.

Repeat for second hole.

Lanyard through it's own loop.

bfg9000

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want it to be able to tailstand, the loop should go into one hole and out the other.

indianavaquero

Newly Enlightened
fenixstrap1062ca4.jpg

Got it!!! Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

D-Dog

Enlightened
I wonder why there is that little U between the holes of the L2D. What purpose does it serve if it doesn't help you fit the lanyard through?

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder why there is that little U between the holes of the L2D. What purpose does it serve if it doesn't help you fit the lanyard through?

If you fit the lanyard the other way, it helps you to stand it up for candle mode because it fits through.

How come a post about a fenix Lanyard is in the incan section ? lol :wave: