• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired m@g61

beetleguise

Enlightened
Does the 5761 fit in the reflectors with a .330" opening? I havn't used these bulbs before. How are they all working for everyone with the incan?:anyone:

bfg9000

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope, doesn't fit 8.4mm. Uses a 10.5mm hole reflector (0.41").

beetleguise

Enlightened
Ok, looks like I am going to have to bore it out a little. How can I keep the shavings from scratching the reflector? I don't want to scratch up the reflector with anything I use to catch them with either. I have some good core drills to bring it up a tenth or so, but I don't want to ruin the reflector surface!
Thanks.

jimjones3630

Flashlight Enthusiast
I scratched my drilling from front to back. next time trying from back to front.

hope you post results.

Jim

Ok, looks like I am going to have to bore it out a little. How can I keep the shavings from scratching the reflector? I don't want to scratch up the reflector with anything I use to catch them with either. I have some good core drills to bring it up a tenth or so, but I don't want to ruin the reflector surface!
Thanks.

beetleguise

Enlightened
I drilled it today using a unibit. If you havn't used one before, they are pretty good at stepping up holes without grabbing. They still aren't as good as a core drill, but better than a regular drill bit!
Anyway, it worked great. I stepped it up to 13/32 (.40625"). I know it is just a hair under target, but I am sure that if I put a caliper to it, it would be about perfect. No plating was scratched or chipped and I have a nice round opening. I did get a tiny light smudge on the outer rim from handling. Since it is a medium orange peel, I figure it is best to leave it. Is there any way to remove stuff like fingerprints without removing the plating? The smugde is very light, so I am not too worried.:whistle:

strideredc

Enlightened
i oppend up one of mine with a dremmel and grinding stones. the dust on the surface was removed with a camera lens blower/brush, i found this didnt mark the surface. well not that i could see...
dont touch a reflector with anything else IMHO, dont even look at it funny!:D