Suggestion for Arc AAA foam rings Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
Hey all,
I just received a replacement Arc AAA which is definitely better than the previous one i had! This light is great, tint and brightness is wayyyy better than my older Arc. Although, one problem was still present in this Arc AAA; the foam ring came off pretty easily the first time i took off the head. I noticed that the rubber cement hardens and grips the head pretty well once you put a battery in there so that it keeps constant pressure on the foam and head.

So, what i'm suggesting for Peter is that he should put a plastic cylinder inside the Arc AAA that is the same size as the AAA battery provided. This way, the foam ring's rubber cement will harden and settle, and there is no risk of a battery being drained while being transported. I noticed this seems to only be a problem with the newer Arc AAAs. I remember the old Arc AAA's foam rings wouldn't come off even if you tried to rip it off. What do you guys think.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own lots of Arc AA's & AAA's, I have never encountered this problem, the last one was purchased late in 06 (Arc-P), I wonder if Arc have started using a different glue to fix the foam donuts?

CFU

Status
Not open for further replies.