LiFeS2 2900mAh 1.5V AA Batteries - rechargeable?

paulr

Flashaholic
These are very likely the same as the old Batterystation L-AA's.

David_Campen

Enlightened
Wow, such a deal! Off-brand Lithium AAs for about the same price I would pay at the local store for brand name Energizer Lithium AAs. Are all the "deals" at DealExtreme like this?

Wasn't it mentioned elsewhere that off-brand foreign made Li FeS2 1.5v lithium infringes Energizer's patents? If it's a popular product and can be made without infringing their patents, why doesn't Duracell or Rayovac offer something like this?

I know Duracell and Energizer both sells CR-V3 lithium 3v pack, but Enegizer is the only one that uses the Li FeS2 technology.

paulr

Flashaholic
Batterystation sold these for $1 each, if they're the same cells. They got some legal hassles from Energizer but told Energizer to buzz off, and nothing happened with that. But apparently enough of the cells caught on fire or exploded, that BS decided to stop carrying them. It was still a very rare occurrence. I have a number of those cells left and am slowly using them up.

David_Campen

Enlightened
But apparently enough of the cells caught on fire or exploded, that BS decided to stop carrying them.
I am not aware of any reports of BS brand Lithium AA cells catching fire or exploding. BS discontinued selling their Lithium AA cells apparently as a peripheral reaction to the problems with 123 cells; but not because of any reported fires or explosions in AA cells.

I am not aware of any reports of BS brand Lithium AA cells catching fire or exploding. BS discontinued selling their Lithium AA cells apparently as a peripheral reaction to the problems with 123 cells; but not because of any reported fires or explosions in AA cells.

Perhaps they settled with Energizer?

mdocod

Flashaholic
you can get NUON lithium primaries for about $1.25/cell from batteryjunction.com

I've used a few of em, and for the price, I can't complain.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast

False! There have been at least one report here of a BS Lithium AA exploding!