I have gone MAD!!!

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK. Last week I sold some of my old stuff I was obsessed with for flashlights, my new obsession! I purchased 4 quality lights:
1.Dereelight with two modes
2. Inova T5
3. Wolf Eyes Raider 9AX with 170 lumen Cree and turbo head
4. Olight

I am really impressed with all of them, but the Wolf Eyes is one heavy duty bright light! Now I am thinking about getting the 6 (Sniper?) with the Cree. But the new Tiablo A9 has caught my eye!! The Wolf Eyes is quite a bit less $$ and may be a better deal. Any ideas from any of you? Anybody out there own both of these, or at least a WE or Tiablo A8 for a quality comparison?? Any input would be appreciated!!

Mike

phosphor

Enlightened
OK. Last week I sold some of my old stuff I was obsessed with for flashlights, my new obsession! I purchased 4 quality lights:
1.Dereelight with two modes
2. Inova T5
3. Wolf Eyes Raider 9AX with 170 lumen Cree and turbo head
4. Olight

I am really impressed with all of them, but the Wolf Eyes is one heavy duty bright light! Now I am thinking about getting the 6 (Sniper?) with the Cree. But the new Tiablo A9 has caught my eye!! The Wolf Eyes is quite a bit less $$ and may be a better deal. Any ideas from any of you? Anybody out there own both of these, or at least a WE or Tiablo A8 for a quality comparison?? Any input would be appreciated!!

Mike
Hello Mike ! I've been considering buying the Olight or the two stage Dereelight. How do they compare.....I know the Olight is multi-mode. Do you have a preference. I am leaning toward the Olight right now. Any thought or considerations you might like to pass on to me ?

- regards

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a tough question!!:shrug:. The Olight does have multimodes and has a feel to it like my Fenix lights which I love. I can do without the strobe and SOS though. It also is either a tad bit brighter than the Dereelight or maybe just has a tighter beam. I think I like the Dereelight a LITTLE better. It has a simpler interface and I like the size / grip a little better. You can not go wrong with either! You could do what i did and get both!!:naughty:. I hope this helps!!

Mike

calmdown

Banned
OH NO LOOK OUT YOU'VE GONE MAD!!! ;) :D:wave:;);) ;);) ;):crackup::D:wave: ;);) ;) ;) :D:wave:;);) ;);) ;):crackup::D:wave: ;);) ;) ;) :D:wave:;);) ;);) :crackup::D:wave: ;);) ;) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I now have an olive green Tiablo A9 with an OP reflector coming my way!! I think after this one, I will take it easy and slow down on these things:whistle:....................NAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twothumbs:party::naughty:

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
Well, I now have an olive green Tiablo A9 with an OP reflector coming my way!! I think after this one, I will take it easy and slow down on these things:whistle:....................NAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twothumbs:party::naughty:

You better start looking for that part time job Mike!! :broke:

Illum

Flashaholic
everytime you think of buying more flashlights, think of a light that can be used to substitute that and if its not in your collection get it in your collection and no more.

always try to be conservative....especially when you have a tight budget...[this is no unflashaholic of me] why spend money for a 1000 lumen light as a wow factor when a 100 lumen light gives you more runtime and actually suffice to your needs?

if your looking for a LED light for low light conditions while juggling the thought of high power incandescents try looking for lights that can do a little bit of both, whether its multi-mode, mult-assmbly, or hybrids.

that being said, read my avatar:laughing:
you need an A2, now invest in a few and next time when you want the newest light....think of what you have:grin2:

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I appreciate all of your comments! :D This is a very addicting hobby but fun! I am going to have to stop buying the high end models for the time being and stick with the less expensive ones! I am going to start with the Rayovac 3C Cree that everyone is looking for here first! I have thought about the Surefire A2 as I am sure it is a great quality light, I just do not see the appeal to it just looking at its specs. I also prefer LED lights over incans. I will admit though, it looks tempting!!! I need to sign off now before I order one!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Mike

gromit

Newly Enlightened
I have a deree and for some reason it just sits on the shelf and not being used. I'm finding that I'm using my Fenix p3d, SureFire L4, McG, and Nova more often. I guess that I'm not that impressed with it, well not enough to use it in my EDC rotation.