Review(s) for the Fenix L2T v2.0 RB80?

mick53

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I can't seem to find an in-depth review for the Fenix L2T v2.0 RB80 and I've looked rather extensively.

You know what I mean, runtimes with different types AA, beam shots etc..

I found some for the Fenix Luxeon L2T but not the newer Rebel.

Would someone please point me in the right direction if there are some reviews of it out there?

Thanks,

Mike

clipse

Enlightened
I haven't seen any but, I did just get my L2T v2.0......an hour ago. I'll have a fairly indepth review in about a week or so.

clipse

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did a quick write up of my L2T the other day along with pictures comparing it to a P2DCE Q2. I don't have the equipment to do runtime testing and I'm hoping Chevrofreak does a good runtime test with one.

I'll take some more pics tonight comparing it to a few more lights I have (P3DCE Rebel 100, Streamlight 4AA Luxeon, Streamlight 4AA Seoul).

If you have any questions I'll gladly answer them to the best of my ability.

Before you ask... YES you should buy it!

mick53

Newly Enlightened
ElectronGuru,

Great idea. I subscribed to it. I'm now thinking my next light will be a rebel. I just haven't decided on which one. I'm leaning strongly towards the Fenix L2T v2.0 RB80 but new lights seem to be coming out every day it seems. Makes it tough.

Mike

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
ElectronGuru,
I just haven't totally decided I guess, I'm leaning strongly towards the Fenix L2T v2.0 RB80 but new lights seem to be coming out every day it seems. Makes it tough.

A series of questions Mike:

1) Which battery do you want (AAA, AA, CR123)
2) How many batteries do you want? (1, 2)
3) Do you want simple operation or max modes?
4) How important is 80 series vs 100 series Rebel?
5) What are you doing with it/them?

My favorite is a pair, the L2T 2.0 (utility) + P2D100 (pocket). My favorite single would be an L1T 2.0 with an extra AA tube.

mick53

Newly Enlightened
A series of questions Mike:

My favorite is a pair, the L2T 2.0 (utility) + P2D100 (pocket). My favorite single would be an L1T 2.0 with an extra AA tube.

Electronguru,

Thanks for taking an interest in this. It's kind of a "pet" project and I like doing things right.

I changed the order of the questions a little bit and put your last question first because I guess the intended purpose for the light will color the rest of the answers in one way or another.

I plan to mount it on an air rifle in the fashion pictured below. The light in the pics is an Ultrafire C2 which does a fine job of lighting up rats at night so I in turn can "light them up" too.

The only problem is the clearance between the Ultrafires C2's bezel and where the air rifle pellet exits the barrel is really tight. Everything else about the set-up is perfect.

But one unnoticed, inadvertent bump on the light and I'm going to clip the bezel.

I refuse to pay BIG $, like $200 - $800 for a "tac" light when I can make my own which does the job just as well. It ain't real pretty but it does the job very nicely!
100_3580.jpg

100_3586.jpg

Code:
Can be either AA or AAA.

One or two doesn't matter to me. Brightness, up to a max 50 of yds, a bit of spill and runtime are the most important factors.

The simpler the better. First, it has to be a tail clicky. High/low would be ideal if it can be set to start on high with the first click. It will be perfect if I can find a momentary cable switch, like the one pictured above, which will start the light off in high mode.

Until I found the cable switch for the C2 I was reaching pretty far forward to activate the light. It was inconvenient, but "doable." The cable switch is perfect for the job at hand,

Once again, the main criteria are: Good brightness up to 50 yds, a bit of spill and runtime.

The runtime is only important because it's a pain in the butt changing batteries with the way I will be mounting the light. As you can see in the picture, there are 2 hose clamps, Velcro and a lot electricians tape involved and it's a very snug fit. Battery changing will be tedious.

Thanks again,

MIke

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Can be either AA or AAA.
One or two doesn't matter
bit of spill and runtime are most important
The simpler the better
has to be a tail clicky.
High/low would be ideal
The runtime is important

Aggregating this into priorities:

1) As many standard cells as possible
2) 2 Level tail clicky interface

The only 2AA high/low Rebel from Fenix is the L2T 2.0. Assuming you can mount the body, go for it. How about one on each side of the barrel, left/right?

And here's another mount idea to make un/loading easier:

https://www.fenix-store.com/product...d=341&osCsid=ed1095472334506ecf37811177a91667
la_lockblock.jpg