Z61 TailCap / ReDesign?!

SolarMan

Newly Enlightened
Hi - New Member Here

Been Lurking but now had to post!

I just recently have this weird fascination with flashlights (came on out of the blue) and bought the E1L. The tailcap clicky failed the night I got it. I called SureFire and sure enough they sent one out a replacement right away.

The new cap is completely different in design!

The metal ring with the bent up sections has been replaced. Now a plastic ring with 3 metal pieces laying on top.

I need a site to host 2 photos to show everyone. Any suggestions?

ps: also running my brand new Cree E1L on rechargeables (Tenergy 3.0v) that slip right into the un-modded tube.

SolarMan

Newly Enlightened
Old on the left / New on the right
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

lightr07

Newly Enlightened
It looks like it actually has been changed. I just took the TailCap of my E1L (Now have it in hand) and its the "old" style. I wonder if this has something to do with the large failure rate of SF Clicky's.

I have an E2D (Another one) with a bad clicky which i'm going to call in on Monday. So we'll see if i get a new style or if this is old or what.)

(Edit: Is it me or is that spring ALOT longer?)

Last edited:

SolarMan

Newly Enlightened
I wanted to take it apart to show everyone / but I don't think it comes apart like the old one. This thing is sealed shut somehow.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

I'll try some more, but I think I might break it! The "old design" came apart very easily. Non-user servicable?

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted to take it apart to show everyone / but I don't think it comes apart like the old one. This thing is sealed shut somehow.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

I'll try some more, but I think I might break it! The "old design" came apart very easily. Non-user servicable?

The contact tabs looks better! I hope the switch is. :) When I receive mine, if it's the new design, I'll replace mine with it. I repaired mine by lubing it so I know it would probably last for backup purpose.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a new tailcap of this new design for my E2L. Much more reliable and smoother! All the clicks feel the same and it's not like it would jam anytime soon.