My leatest mod LiteFlux LF3 w/Ultrafire WF-500L head

whc

Enlightened
Always have thought of how my UF WF-500L would perform with a Seoul SSC P4 LED, but never pulled the trigger of doing the mod. But found the LiteFlux LF3 head without the bezel fitted the threads of the inside of the WF-500L reflector (not perfect, but it will do).

Man it looks funny, such a small flashlight with such a big head, does not ruin the beam at all, actually still a throw monster with the Seoul SSC P4 LED (thought it would be more floody). Anyway here is some images :D.

DSC04328.JPG

DSC04329.JPG

DSC04330.JPG

DSC04332.JPG

DSC04333.JPG

1m beamshot
DSC04334.JPG

1m beamshot, 2-stops underexposed
DSC04335.JPG

The beam shots looks very blue, but IRL it is very white, just did not set the white balance in my camera right. As you can see still much throw with the Seoul SSC P4 LED. Will defiantly put this LED in my WF-500L some time soon :)...

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hilarious! I have an Ultrafire WF-500. I wonder if I could do this with any of my lights... :)

supes

Enlightened
Haha, looks like a thrower! Curious, can you carry around the light with the reflector and bezel still secure to the light or does it need to be held with baby hands?

whc

Enlightened
Haha, looks like a thrower! Curious, can you carry around the light with the reflector and bezel still secure to the light or does it need to be held with baby hands?
The bezel is pretty secure, have to use some force to get the bezel off.

LED Cool

Enlightened
:eek::wow: now that is a super turbo head! by the way, from DX, you can get the CREE LED lamp assembly to fit in the WF-500.

khoo

whc

Enlightened
Just finished modding my WF-500L with the SSC P4 LED, man what an improvement, still tons of throw, gets overall about 3000 Lux more, and about 1000 Lux more in throw at 1m. That's pretty impressive over the else pretty efficient K2 LED.

whc

Enlightened
:eek::wow: now that is a super turbo head! by the way, from DX, you can get the CREE LED lamp assembly to fit in the WF-500.

khoo
Yep have seen that, but am not the biggest fan of the Cree LED, if it was a Seoul SSC upgrade, I would be all over it :D.