Surefire dimensions? E2e vs L4

msr

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone tell me where to find the outside diameter of a Surefire E2e and a L4? I am looking at a weapon mount and need to know if the two lights have the same outer tube diameter.

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Firstly, the E2e body and L4 are the same. Sure slight differences in round / flat sides have occurred but this shouldn't affect fit in a light mount.

Most manufacturers state for which light or system their mount is for: e.g. Scout mount for Surefire Executive Series / L4 etc. I believe in diameter you are looking for a mount that will take a light 0.810 - 0.826 inches. I got this information from a quick google on http://www.vltor.com/vltor-mountables.htm

Hope that helps :)

One issue that doesn't apply to you is the g2 and 6p and mounts. Some mounts will accept a 6p, but not a g2 because its body is slightly wider. I've only come across one that had this problem, but its better to keep this in mind anyway...

msr

Newly Enlightened
Indeed the mount I am looking at. What had me confused was the Vltor mount states Surefire E series and I can not find the dimensions on Surefire's web site. I guess I could have just put a micrometer on both!

lightemup

Flashaholic*
The mounts do have some tolerance, so I wouldn't worry :)

Surefire E series = Surefire e1e, e2e, e2d etc. The L4 is E series everything else, but the bezel is an led, so it was grouped in the L series.

I wouldn't worry about the micrometer mate, she'll work like a beaut. Daniel's Defense also make a good mount.

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire offer their M78 mount specifically for the E-Series. It allows the flashlight to be easily removed from the mount whilst the mount remain attached to the weapon's Picatinny rail