Solitaire Beacon Mod /Light Saber

tonyb

Enlightened
What can I say, it's more like a traffic cop wand effect than a light saber, still looks cool though. Summer is comming soon and I do alot of long distance bike riding at night. I already have a micro-flasher I designed for my bike but its not totally water resistant like this mod and I can also use it if I walk at night. Flash rate 1 - 2 Flashes per Sec. Battery life should be long. I will most likely cut down some of the wand end it doesn't need to be so long to work properly, less chance of busting off.
solibeacon1.JPG

solibeacon.JPG

solibeacon2.JPG

Use the force Luke!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
<font color="red">nice!</font>

more details please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tonyb

Enlightened
Works like a original Solitaire loosen turns on flasher tighten turns off flasher. Opaque white plastic tube replaces original lens to diffuse light. Cicuit board with flasher circuit to drive red led.

tonyb

Enlightened
Machined PVC is what the tube is made from and the led is more red than orange the digital camera couldn't reproduce the color. I'll try one out of Delrin plastic next.

Albany Tom

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
tonyb said:
Machined PVC is what the tube is made from and the led is more red than orange the digital camera couldn't reproduce the color. I'll try one out of Delrin plastic next.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, "just built a custom circuit board, did some machining work, and that was it." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

If somebody on this forum said they were going to build their own space plane, because they were tired of waiting for NASA, I'd probably believe it. I'm pretty sure it would be the only space vehicle built with LED running lights, too...

Nice light!