Fenix L1D is flickering-- what to do?

dantecubit

Newly Enlightened
My L1D has developed an annoying flicker on the high setting. It doesn't do it every time but once is enough for me. I bought it from fenix-store, so do i have to send it to China or do they service this thing? I thought this light was really cool, it's too bad this happened. Should'a bought a Japanese light, I guess.

D-Dog

Enlightened
fenix-store will service it, however, before you count yourself out a light, check how dirty the connections are, including the threads. On high, the LED is drawing the most from the batteries and if the contact points are dirty, there might not be enough power being supplied.

Grock

Newly Enlightened
dantecubit,

Does your L1D still flicker? try to tighten the screw inside the tailcap switch. My friend also experienced that on his P3D. After I tightened it, the flickering stopped. His P3D flickers if there is sudden jolt.

DSC01077.jpg

Grock

dantecubit

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies. I tried cleaning all the contact points, even the the one recessed in the body tube. There wasn't any grime as my Fenix is fairly new. I will try tightening those screws. I seem to recall the warranty is one year on these things. If the flickering continues then the LED module is clearly defective as my light has not been abused. Will Fenix Store replace it?

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
My P3d will start flickering when battery is getting low(built in feature). I would put in new batteries and see if it still does that.

P.S. the flicker feature only shows up on Turbo and High settings at first.

Last edited:

falconx

Newly Enlightened
My P3d will start flickering when battery is getting low(built in feature). I would put in new batteries and see if it still does that.

P.S. the flicker feature only shows up on Turbo and High settings at first.

I think this is correct you should try and recharge the batteries or put new ones in and that should be the end of that. I am 99% sure that its a low battery issue.