Has anyone else done this?

CandlePowerForumsUser

Enlightened
Since I got my rexlight 2.0 way back... I used it once and its been sitting in the box it came in... The UI wasn't my thing and that nasty PWM makes me dizzy when using med/low. I prefer single stage lights as well so the 2 additional strobe modes were a real pain for me.

So a couple months back... the huntlight SSC P4 AA light caught my attention since it has a single stage output, SSC emitter to preduce a very nice clean beam and has a good output with execellent regulated runtime of about 2hr 45mins with primaries (per chevrofreak's runtime graph). I've bought the light and its exactly what I was looking for in an EDC... except one thing, the head of the light is crenulated. it just feels weird in my pant pocket (pokes me every now and then).

My solution... I took the pill and reflector from tthe huntlight and put that in the rexlight. now its everything I ever wanted. plus the rexlight body is better machined, has better HA and overall looks better.

I have a huntlight body + a pill/reflector from a rexlight 2.0 sitting around but I'm sure I'll find use for it someday.

BTW, the reflector of the rexlight doesn't fix the head of the huntlight.. the huntlight isn't threaded far enough to work.

Thanks for reading.

john46268

Newly Enlightened
Unfortunately I don't have a Rexlight, but I know what you mean. I bought the same Huntlight and haven't been able to talk myself into carrying it because of the crenulated edges. I know its just a mental thing because I reach in the other pocket all the time for keys which are a lot sharper than the huntlight! I never carry anything in my EDC pocket except extra cartridges of Magic for my EDC :twothumbs

Happy Lighting!