Just bought my first Fenix, and definitely not my last.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Based on everyone here's recomendations, I bought my first Fenix, a P3D rebel 100. All I can say is Wow! Great tint, nice switching and the thing is small! I compared it to my Inova X5 (first decent led light from 9 years ago) in my glove box, and it is shorter and narrower. The tiny little Rebel led is even smaller than one of the Inova's 5mm's as well.

All I can say is that lights have come a long way since my first SF 6p back in 1989-90. Back then when no RCR123a's exhisted and you could get a good deal on 2 CR123a's at Target for $11.99.

What a great year for Led's in general. Last year my brightest led was a MMag 3AA. Boy things have changed.

Back to the Fenix. Thanks for the reviews and comments. I will have to buy a few more of these things. I now have a new edc light...that has a nice white tint! That has been the main thing missing from the early Cree lights...a nice white tint. Now that is here as well.

I never bought any lights from Fenix because they seemed too inexpensive to possibly be good. I am glad I finally listened to all of you who have promoted them. I cannot wait to see what is next....or for it to get dark tonight.

I believe there's two phase in ownership of just about everything. Cars, appliances, etc.

The first impression at test drive, the first few uses etc and people are often quick to jump on conclusion at this point.

Then, there's long term reliability and problems. Something that may rate 5/5 on first rating could rate 1/5 over two years.. and something that rate 3/5 on first category could rate 5/5 on durability...

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe there's two phase in ownership of just about everything. Cars, appliances, etc.

The first impression at test drive, the first few uses etc and people are often quick to jump on conclusion at this point.

Then, there's long term reliability and problems. Something that may rate 5/5 on first rating could rate 1/5 over two years.. and something that rate 3/5 on first category could rate 5/5 on durability...

Handlobraesing,
You have a decent point. I do not know if this light will last for years or flake out tomorrow. I am just impressed by its power to weight ratio. The same box that brought my Fenix, brought two SurvivorLED's that I think I could drop off the roof and still have work. Thi nice thing is that the Fenix was not $200, but $65, so if it breaks or gets lost...a new one will not break the bank.

scottaw

Enlightened
I keep buying nice lights...and always going back to my P2D. It's super small, cheap enough that i don't worry about it, and it's already survived 6+ months of "not worried about it" use. Im definately sold on the fenix line.

Vickers

Enlightened
The same box that brought my Fenix, brought two SurvivorLED's that I think I could drop off the roof and still have work. Thi nice thing is that the Fenix was not $200, but $65, so if it breaks or gets lost...a new one will not break the bank.

I dropped my Fenix L2T v2.0 off the top of a flight simulator last night (about 22') to a painted cement floor, and it still works.

It has the *slightest* dent to the front edge, otherwise it still looks new.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been using Fenix lights for over two years now: the L1P was the first time I'd heard of Fenix, and it's still going strong.

EXPY

Newly Enlightened
LOL... I'm carrying a CREE P1D in my left pocket doing construction about 40% of the time, have dropped it on concrete and find I can't be w/o it!

Use it several times a day when I'm busy.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, was able to use mine in the dark yesterday. Its just a nice light. I like how a twist of the bezel turns it in to two different kinds of light. One that is a full brightness tactical light with strobe one click away...or a low output around the house light. I like that better than my old Huntlight cree that had 5 levels + strobe ect. all controlled from the back switch.

The most incredible thing to me about the light is just how much light can come out of that tiny spec of a Rebel led. I am glad Luxeon is back in the game.

Jedi Knife

Enlightened
I've had three Fenix lights with absolutely no problems whatsoever, except that I wish they would have had the LOD CE in natural anodizing when I bought my black one. Fenix should just use natural color anodizing for all their lights- it shows scratches and nicks far less than the black color.
Fenix lights are good stuff.

I remember when people just couldn't wrap their minds around Toyota either.

These days, people often buy Toyota or Honda for reliability rating, build quality and resale value, like Surefire. If you just look at performance,you'll get more oomph per dollar with a Kia or Chevrolet than you would with a Toyota, Honda or Nissan.

Toyota Avalon XL
3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve Dual
VVT-i V6
268 hp @ 6200 rpm
248 lb.-ft. @ 4700 rpm

Edmunds.com: $27,655

2008 Chevy Impala SS has a 5.3L V8 303hp.

About the same price on Edmunds. 2008 and there's already a $1,000 incentive.
MSRP is higher, but after the incentive, it's about the same as the Avalon. When you consider negotiation, you likely have a better chance of negotiating down a Chevy better than a Toyota.