EDC choice : lumapower LM33 or Inova tactical T1

Saiga

Enlightened
i'm looking at these two lights at batteryjunction, both $35, both single 123.
the LM 33 is (claimed) 90 lumens, with seoul SSC P4.
the inova tactical T1 is 35 lumens, but has type III finish,and forward clicky (if i'm reading that right).
any advice,warnings,recommendations,first-hand knowledge on either of these much appreciated.......

Last edited:

Saiga

Enlightened
i saw that, but for a little pocket light, 35 is decent output IMO, and the increase in price then puts other stuff in contention. but i really appreciate the reply, this one doesn't seem to be going well.:confused:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I think the LM303 also has HAIII. It also has two modes and is brighter then the T1.

I would go for the LM303

berto

Newly Enlightened
My 2007 t1 was 34.95 at frys. It really is much nicer than the old t1 with the tir optics.

jdong

Newly Enlightened
The LM33 will be brighter and have two-stage output (for night-time use when you don't want to lose your night-vision from the brightness of an 80-lumen light).

However the Inova T1 IMO is constructed with better quality. It's one of those lights where you would expect it to survive dropping out of a 10-story building onto concrete with minimal scratches.

The LM33 will be cheaper too :).

Personally, the two-stage output sells me, though I'd go for the LM31 instead, as it runs off more readily available batteries. (I'm assuming from the form factor you want to use this for EDC, in which case the ~1.5hr runtimes from the LM33 and T1 will end up costing you far too much in batteries. Don't forget the T1 eats two CR123A's for 1.5hrs of runtime)

berto

Newly Enlightened
You can use a 17670 in the t1 but it drops the lumes from 65-75 to around 45-55 lumes this is not exact just what I see with the celling bounce test.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
I EDC'd a T1 for awhile, but now days there are smaller/brighter lights that cost the same. I liked it, and it is built tough, but I traded it off for something a little better.

Blades