LED Dive Light

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone have any sugestions as to a good LED dive light? I've been using a Underwater Kinetics SL4 for the last 20 years and think it is about time to upgrade (not that there is anything wrong with my present light just want to know the latest and greatest....also an excuse to buy a new toy..lol)

Marduke

Flashaholic
Barbolight comes to mind.

I was going to post that exact same statement.

Also, have you looked at the newer eLed series from UK? Could just get an updated version of your current light. Also, as a dive marker, I would recommend the Glo-Toob lithium clipped to the back or top of your tank.

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
The updated LED version is only 35 lumen output. My incan version is 110 lumen, so it would be a downgrade in reality. I tried to check out Barbolight but I can't seem to find any current info and his website is in spanish which I don't read. I will try to email as his pm box is full. Also I will look into eLed.

Thanks

DM51

Flashaholic
The Solus SH-500 is a high-end dive light with superb performance, and they are about to upgrade it from 500 lm to 1,250 lm. Price not fixed yet for the new version, but probably >$500. Their website is in the process of being updated, but if you want to read more about the light I did a review here.

MikeRD03

Newly Enlightened
If u need something realy bright take a look at my selfmade project with the ostar emitter. Four of these little lightmakers do about 3500-4000 Lumen Output at 60W.
This kind of divelight can compeate with the highend HID lights you know.

Here´s the link: www.tauchfunzel.de (Sorry need babelfish for german translation, english coming soon)

cheers,
MikeRD03

Gladius01

Enlightened
If u need something realy bright take a look at my selfmade project with the ostar emitter. Four of these little lightmakers do about 3500-4000 Lumen Output at 60W.
This kind of divelight can compeate with the highend HID lights you know.

Here´s the link: www.tauchfunzel.de (Sorry need babelfish for german translation, english coming soon)

cheers,
MikeRD03

Do you have the picture of the flashlight using this emitter? You need at least 4 of this emitters to produce that kind of lumens.

evdherberg

Newly Enlightened
I tried to check out Barbolight but I can't seem to find any current info and his website is in spanish which I don't read.
On our website we have a specification sheet for the B and U series in dutch, but I think you should be able to understand most of it. We are planning an english version of our website, may take a few more months though.

http://www.barbolight.nl/nl/pdf/BarbolightSpecs.pdf

Good luck!

Emiel van der Herberg / EMIN Adventure Tools (Barbolight distributor for NL and BE)

Estapor

Newly Enlightened
I just completed my first night dives last weekend and finally had a chance to check out my new dive lights.

My primary light is the UK C8 eLED Plus. All I can say is this thing is a lumen BEAST! I easily out "blasted" the rest of the dive lights (even a fancy HID one) and we had a dozen or so lights/divers in the vicinity. I love this light and convinced a few others to get one. Great white, intense light.

My backup light is a UK Q40 eLED Plus (yup, went with the eled series) and it works great as well. Nice tight beam with great throw.

That's just my $0.02.

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
On our website we have a specification sheet for the B and U series in dutch, but I think you should be able to understand most of it. We are planning an english version of our website, may take a few more months though.

http://www.barbolight.nl/nl/pdf/BarbolightSpecs.pdf

Good luck!

Emiel van der Herberg / EMIN Adventure Tools (Barbolight distributor for NL and BE)

Thanks that was very helpful, do you have pricing info as well? For U series.

evdherberg

Newly Enlightened
Thanks that was very helpful, do you have pricing info as well? For U series.
For Netherlands (and most of Europe) standard prices are (around) €265, €349 and €485 for U04, U09 and U15 respectively, with some small variations due to VAT differences. However, since you are USA based, you could check out Amondotech - I see better prices there but they are still specifying Luxeon emitters so maybe they are selling from older stock. And they are not listed as an official distributor at www.barbolight.com.