What can we expect next from Novatac?

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
Would it be safe to say we'll be seeing R2-4 binned Cree LEDs on them with even more unique features and hopefully a better pocket-clip this time around. Also, an exchangeable body-tube functionality like Fenix and Lumapower would be AWESOME!!! Along with a Turbo head and a deep smooth and a shallow orange peel... eww...

Any word on anything new?

speederino

Enlightened
At one point a 2aa tube was rumored by Novatac...we will see if it materializes. I think based on whc's work with emitter upgrades on the Novatac, I would be surprised if the current line has U bin SSC's - my money is on T bin in the current line up. They could go to U bin or even V bin (when they appear), and start selling an EDC170.

cslinger

Enlightened
A turbo head version of the HDS / Novatac lights has popped up from time to time at shows etc. Not sure if Nova or HDS have the rights to that one, but it seemed production ready.

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
See, Novatac is now the "wonderlight" that you buy when you want to upgrade from your Fenix P2D. They have programmable UI, reverse polarity, accepts different cells, and just all around more advanced and a lot "tougher."

So now we have it, they've come out with their "first" lights (as Novatac and not HDS) and have shown us what they can do, but why aren't they spreading any decent rumors? It's great if the turbo head and the AA tubes were in the pipeline, but are they for sure?

I'm personally not going to buy one until the next generation comes out because my P2D is treating me too well at the moment. But, I really hope that they come out with the V-binned Seoul emitter. By the way, what emitter are we up to with the Rebel 100 and what is mine probably (no mod)?

Now... where's Novatac's PR guy to tell us what's in the pipeline? Is anyone familiar with Kershaw knives PR guy at Bladeforums.com? This guy - Thomas - works for Kershaw and browses the forum (I think it's his job) and he gets feedback and is the middle man between the consumer and Kershaw's design and manufacturing. It's awesome, and that's what Novatac needs.

I want to know what's next really, or at least when can I expect it... anyone else have the same urge?

Thanks,
Ryan

P.S. A headlight would be cool, but I'd prefer a headlight from Fenix and a turbo head and a AA body tube from Novatac. Also, with a Sapphire lens, aspherical lens, and tritium inserts along with different color filter options and all the extras from the factory. They need to step it up...

Last edited:

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to see what they put out next to top their current offering.

I'm hesitating on the price, but as an emergency option, the tactical model sounds pretty good.

-Medina

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
that's a good question,

with the true designer of the light (Henry) now gone, i wonder if there will be any updates at all to that line besides a better seoul emitter upgrade.

all just speculation though:)

robo21

Enlightened
:popcorn: I'm all ears!
bigear.gif

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
The rumors are really starting to get to me. I need solid fact to get a fix for my addiction, and rumors aren't cutting it.

I just really hope they think this out, and give us options and plenty of them. They really need to take Fenix as an example and utilize their image to bring in more buyers by luring them with options and accessories - as well as one BRIGHT flashlight. Make that deep, smooth reflector for throw and that shallow, orange-peel for flood and some crazy mix of the two. Put tritiums on it, make it programmable again with a better pocket clip and add some battery tubes and they're set!

I don't understand it... nothing... I hear nothing...

We need a mole inside Novatac.

crjfo

Newly Enlightened
Ok I don't have my 120p yet (it's in the mail) but one thing I read somewhere that was printed before the P model was released was that it would have a USB tailcap that could interface with the pc. Now I haven't seen anything stating that this exists after it was realeased but if the ability is there then I would definately like to have one just for the ability to save various "profiles" so that before leaving the house I could set it in flight mode for work, or camping mode, or dog walk mode... ad nauseum. Just my two cents. Maybe I'll get it and it will be so easy to reprogram that this won't be an issue but I still want it. :D

xiaowenzu

Banned
I'd like to see the 'twisty feature' of the Surefire Titan incorporated onto Novatac's next light. Well, it's kinda like the SF U2, anyways! :drool:Imagine adjusting from 0.1 Lu to 1000 lumens! woooohoooooooo!!! :twothumbs