Reflector and brown artifacts??

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I just finished a mod where I used a Cree Star and an older 20mm IMS reflector. The reflector is perfect with no smears or anything to the surface and looked just fine while using a 1 watt Luxeon. I enlarged the opening just enough to slide down over the larger Cree and it rests snugly on the circular base. When looking at it from the front all you see is yellow so it should in theory have a nice beam......well it does have a nice spot and spill however there is a few brownish looking rings in the beam.

I remember reading long ago when Fenix had some sort of similiar problems with their Cree versions and many argued it was some form of illusion. The Cree star was from a salvaged light however it has good tint and does not show the brown rings when using an optic. Is it possible that the rings come from the actual emitter or could the reflector somehow cause this? I have no way to push the reflector down any further and focus is not the issue really.....I hate the brownish rings messing up a very nice tint and otherwise perfect beam.

So did anyone ever finish the debate concerning the brown halo and is it the emitter or the reflector or even my imagination causing this problem???