For SF 6P

robo21

Enlightened
Hello

Just wondering about the "3V~18V Input 3W Cree Drop-in Module " from Deal Extreme. I plan to use on my Surefire 6P.
Link: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6090

Anyone here with experience?....and what will be the lumen output and battery runtime ?

Kind regards
.lars

A good friend of mine just bought that drop-in module for his 6P. I'll do my best to get a report back from him and post the results.

pbs357

Enlightened
Here is one CPF'ers review: http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=174108&highlight=6090

Click SEARCH at the top of the page and use 6090 as your search word. It will give you a few more links. Either way, I have the model #1447 from them, and it is very BRIGHT! I bought 3 more! It has a large bright spill area, and throws extremely well for a 2 cell light. Compared to the original P60 lamp, it is not quite as floody but again much, much brighter. I use 2 rcr123's so I can recharge for "free" but the light seems just as bright with 2 primary cr123's.

Good luck!

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received such one and have it run in a leefbody 2 18650 setup.
nice and bright, a tiny bit on the blue side
draws ~ 0.5 A from the batts

slightly smaller hotspot than a Cree with a McR-XR 19 mm, wider spill

with very short distance from the wall, slight cree rings noticeable (as with any reflector that leaves the cree metal ring exposed), but from a distance of 2 meters from the wall on, no longer noticeable.
imho a very good part.
(dont get that "5-Mode" one, it sucks bad)

MTHall51

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all, I think I will order one.
Please give us a report on yours too.
I have a 6P and was wondering if I should try something different to it.
Would like to know how brightness compares to the stock incan bulb.

recercare

Enlightened
Please give us a report on yours too.
I have a 6P and was wondering if I should try something different to it.
Would like to know how brightness compares to the stock incan bulb.

Sure! I will compare with both p60 and p61.
Kind regards
.lars

richdsu

Newly Enlightened
I think you may like to consider getting this dropin :

sku 4068 ( SSC P4 U-bin emitter), smoother beam than cree.

:grin2:

recercare

Enlightened
Today I received the sku 6090 (3-18v) dropin from DX.
No doubt, It's brighter than the p60. It's still daylight here so I'll wait a couple of hours before doing some real comparisons. I am curious how this LED dropin performs vs the SF p61.

alantch

Enlightened
Received my sku 6090 from DX couple of days ago and find the beam pattern too ringy for my tastes. To counter that, I unscrewed the LE from the reflector, inserted an o-ring cut down to size and placed into the base of the reflector. This resulted in the Cree sitting deeper into the reflector and the rings are now almost unnoticeable 2 feet from the wall. The only downside is now there is a 1mm gap between the bezel and the body of my 6P, but I can live with that - for now. I might pare down the reflector a bit to get rid of the gap later.

Oh, it's brighter, whiter and with larger hotspot when compared to another another cree drop-in that I got earlier (from Calvin Mo). Save for the initial ringy beam, overall not bad for a $10 drop-in.

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Grab a drop-in from supertactical.com, works pretty well in my 6PD. No gap! Running it on a Pila 17650. It was pretty cheap too, like 15 bucks & shipping time was 2 weeks. Got the single stage Q4 3.0 to 9.0V, it says 200L but closer to 170. Shot 2 foot from wall @ 3:20pm with shades closed on rainy overcast day. Should of charged up cell first, but hey.
IMG_1378.jpg

Last edited:

robo21

Enlightened
Grab a drop-in from supertactical.com, works pretty well in my 6PD. No gap! Running it on a Pila 17650. It was pretty cheap too, like 15 bucks & shipping time was 2 weeks. Got the single stage Q4 3.0 to 9.0V, it says 200L but closer to 170. Shot 2 foot from wall @ 3:20pm with shades closed on rainy overcast day. Should of charged up cell first, but hey.
IMG_1378.jpg

+1 My buddy got one from Supertactical and he is absolutely amazed and delighted with the improvement and overall performance.