Need suggestions on Surefire model

S

Saville

Hi,

I am a complete novice on these hi-tech lights. Here is my need and use: I will be using the light with a handgun; I need a light that can stretch out and identify a dog from a coyote at about 200 feet; I will also use it inside the home and barns(I assume getting one of those add-ons that can adjust the beam might work?); I don't mind spending the money for anything up to an M6. However, I would be inclined to say my first thought is the light has to work with a handgun, inside the house, as that is where I would be in jepoardy.
My novice inclination was the Z3 or M3.
Greatly appreciate any help.
Saville

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would advise any 3 cell hand gun model with a 200 lumens HOLA. I'm not very sure which model it is, but if it's not to be mounted on a gun, it would be a Z3 or C3 with a P91 HOLA, 20 mins run time but really very bright. If you really need throw, you should add a turbo head to your light. That would make it throw really far.

S

Saville

Thanks.
Will the 2.5" dia. head on the turbo get in the way using a handgun? What does HALO stand for?
What is the advantage/difference between a Z3 and a C3?

Saville

Size15's

Flashaholic
HOLA = High Output Lamp Assembly

You need to get the M3T.
I also suggest you get the M3 Bezel & Lamps (MN10 & MN11) so that you have a closer range option.

Z3/C3 -
Z3 has an adjustable CombatGrip and Lanyard.
C2 has a PocketClip and is available in HA.

For a guide to using flashlights with Handguns, the Combat Tactics Magazine has a wealth of information. It's a SureFire Special of Guns&Ammo. Order it from www.SureFire.com

Al