interesting illusion, dancing ballarina

LK5GB7

Newly Enlightened
yea ive seen this before. i can usually control the direction by focusing and thinking about a specific word from each list.

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is obviously a mind control interface for your computer... I can also make it spin either direction.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it has more to do with what frame of the animation it is displaying when you actually start looking, and what distance and motion clues are most apparent at that moment. Then once you lock in it's hard to make your brain switch, but anybody can do it.

Are they suggesting that if my left brain is more dominant that I'm more likely to see it spinning in one direction or the other? Your brain uses many different clues to figure out the motion and distance of an object when 3D clues form stereo vision are not available as in a flat picture. But none of these are linked to one side or the other of your brain.

It's a very cool illusion but your perception of it's spin has nothing to do with what hemisphere of your brain is more dominant in your current personality.

cchurchi

Enlightened
By deciding whether the right or left leg is elevated determines spin direction for me, allowing me to instantly change the perceived spin.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Right brain, left brain, spinning....blah blah blah.

My brain had me extract "the money" shot. Nice body.

dance.jpg

whiskypapa3

Enlightened
Mama is right, I am more than a bit weird, left brain-right brain- tangled brain, the dancer kinda moves like a windshield wiper. Also moves up and down. Sort of looks like mama did sixty years ago, but, sadly that's another story..

stephenmadpotato

Enlightened
AHAHAHAHAHA are you guys kidding me!?!?!?!? Refresh it a few times. It appears to change direction because it actually does. There is two different pictures there. Refresh and refresh. Sometimes it will start spinning to the left and then move to the right to throw you off. Use your wits people :p

stephenmadpotato

Enlightened
LOL it even blocks you some how i think. You can unblock yourself by exiting out of the browser. I'll look up why later. It will change sometimes and start switching back and forth to make you think your fighting it. but your not trust me. lolololol im sorry but i cant believe it fooled you all, because I know your all really smart.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
AHAHAHAHAHA are you guys kidding me!?!?!?!? Refresh it a few times. It appears to change direction because it actually does. There is two different pictures there. Refresh and refresh. Sometimes it will start spinning to the left and then move to the right to throw you off. Use your wits people :p

OMG! Dude, at least take the time to download the gif image and open it in a gif/animation viewing program to see that there are 34 frame images, and they only go in a series of one direction. The same reversing effect occurs with a looping animation program displaying the frames on your own computer. There are tons of images and websites that "trick the eye/brain" interpretation. Some are multi-frame gifs, and some are static single frame images.

stephenmadpotato

Enlightened
Ok, me and 22 classmates opened this up together and watched it on a screen. We all agreed and saw it doing the exact same thing. Your wrong sorry.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast

```````````````````````````````````
LOL it even blocks you some how i think. You can unblock yourself by exiting out of the browser. I'll look up why later. It will change sometimes and start switching back and forth to make you think your fighting it. but your not trust me. lolololol im sorry but i cant believe it fooled you all, because I know your all really smart.

````````````````````````````````````
Ok, me and 22 classmates opened this up together and watched it on a screen. We all agreed and saw it doing the exact same thing. Your wrong sorry.

These comments are hilarious. :crackup:

...Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Last edited:

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast

So there are 22 more simple minded people besides yourself. :devil:

The rest of us can make it switch directions on the fly without reload anything.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Concentrate on her head. When her hair is behind her and her head facing forward, that's when it will switch directions.

Last edited:

fredb

Newly Enlightened

Save the image as a file. Open it up in QuickTime player or whatever you might have at your disposal. Step through it frame by frame. At the crucial moment (outward leg overlapping inward for me) you can quite clearly see why it works.

The only trickery here is that which your brain is playing on you. And perhaps your 22 classmates.